Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > help with some pictures modifying    

help with some pictures modifying

fede117
Italy

help with some pictures modifying

Hello teachers!
I have a couple of questions to ask about modifying pics in our ws which I was able to solve myself with the many tutorials I found on the site. I can �t even think of a good way to ask so I hope you understand what I mean
1) How do I make the picture transparent, i.d sometimes the pic is inside a white rectangle and it "blocks" the background but I have seen many who are able to make this rectangle disappeare so that the pic only has only its own outline. how is this possible?
2) I have seen in some ws complexed pics which are made by different auto shapes from Word. and when you want to move them, they all move in 1 block as if they were only 1 picture. I would like to do the same (let �s say for  with a clock, hands and numbers to be like one indistinct picture and not many different parts). How can I do this? At first I thought these pics were edited through Paint, but this is not the case as they are not bitmap objects but proper images.

could you help? I don �t know if I managed to make myself clear.I hope so. Thanks in advance for whoever helps!!
have a nice day

2 Dec 2009      

fede117
Italy

*** of course I meant I wasn �t able to solve myself**** LOL

2 Dec 2009     

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

I �ll help you do it but my Word is in French so if you understand the following, you �ll be able to solve your problem :)
Draw a rectangular, then , double click on it, a window will appear, go to color and make the color of the line border transparent, then,  you �ll find Remplissage and Trait. Go to Remplissage -> Motifs et Textures -> and select Image and not color, it will ask you to selct an image -> click on it -> an uploading window will appear, upload your picture, upload your picture and finish by clicking OK and that �s it

2 Dec 2009     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Hi, Fede! Let �s see if I can give a hand! I will share what I do. In order to make picture completely transparent, you have to change its format into GIF (which allows transparencies). I always copy a picture I like & paste it in PHOTOED, & there I "clean" & edit the picture the way I want & when I save it, I choose GIF format. Try & if you get lost contact me again!
Secondly, if you want to join pictures together, first select them with the mouse, pressing the "shift" key . Then, press the right botton from your mouse and a window will open, among its options there is one that says "grouping", press it and all pictures will remain together!  Hope I �ve been clear enough... try it out & contact me if necessary. have a nice day!!! Fabiola

2 Dec 2009     

fede117
Italy

Thank both very much. not only this was clearly explained but totally useful! thank you

2 Dec 2009