Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to make good impression at work?    

How to make good impression at work?

Entalio
Poland

How to make good impression at work?

I am going to have an interview in one of the Polish English School. What should I know before going there? Can you give me some tips about what might they ask about? I would grateful :)

2 Dec 2009      

alexcure
Poland

Hyia,
They might ask you about your previous experience, who you prefer to teach (eg. kids, adults etc.), if you are able to prepare your students for exams (Matura, etc), simultaneously they will check your fluency in English. They also might ask you for "perforning" a free lesson for one of their groups just to see how good you are.
Good luck
Alex

2 Dec 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

- Get to know about the school as much as possible (be ready to ask all questions about the school after the interview)
- prepare a resume and take it to the interview (just in case) Also write a cover letter to your resume.
- Be prepared - they will want to test your language level
- Sample lesson is a good idea and all good schools ask potential emplyees to present one. Make sure to ask all questions about your sample lesson (duration, materials)
And the last but not the least - find out what approach the school follows - communicative or maybe traditional or maybe some other approaches. Then you will have to stick to this method to make a good impression and be ready to be asked about some features of this or that method.
And yes- SMILE and be polite and positive.

2 Dec 2009