Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > cheer leaders    

cheer leaders

alina2
Pakistan

cheer leaders

Hello dear friends
We are having sports day and Im the cheer leader.
I jus wanna know that what will the children say or sing during cheer leading.Can anybody tell me what should I tell them to cheer them up?  Smile

3 Dec 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

There are tons of cheers. In America, we use a cheer to spell out the name of the team: Like LIONS- Give me an L, give me an I, give me an O, give me an N, give me an S. What �s that spell? LIONS! LIONS! LIONS!  Some cheers are short songs or chants that talk about the team or what they need to do.  Have you tried searching for cheers on Yahoo or Google? 
GL

3 Dec 2009     

alexziaa
France

Hello Sir/Miss,

Well ! You can take some social song by Stacy kent. She has sung many for cheering up and it is easy to sing easily. She is sings Jazz very nice.
Wish you a good day. Thanks
Alexz

3 Dec 2009     

N.F.T
South Africa

Do you know the rhythm to Queen �s WE WILL ROCK YOU?  It �s a great cheer rhythm - clap your hands twice on your thighs then once together.  then while you beat this rhythm out you chant the words WE WILL, WE WILL, BEAT YOU.  So you start CLAP CLAP - CLAP (x 2) then with the CLAP CLAP - CLAP rhythm you sing the words, ending with another CLAP CLAP - CLAP combo without words. 

Does this makes sense? 

The chant "We Will" and "Beat You" (and by beat we mean win the races not physical beatings!) will each take up one set of clap rhythm.

We Will (thigh thigh - hands) (clap clap - clap)
We Will (same as above)
Beat You (same as above)

I �m not sure if this makes any sense when typed out but, for what it counts, I can hear it clearly in my head;) LOL

3 Dec 2009     

Mariethe House
France

wow! NFt  I hava tried it! It �s great! thank you!

3 Dec 2009     

alina2
Pakistan

guys!!!
thanx a lot for solving my problem.

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

By the looks of you Ali2 they wont mind to much on your singing,,,,

3 Dec 2009     

alina2
Pakistan