Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me fix the page view / layout in Word 2007    

Please help me fix the page view / layout in Word 2007

Pinky Makus
Canada

Please help me fix the page view / layout in Word 2007

Can anyone help me? 

When I open a new or old document in Word that has only one page (at the 100% setting) the document looks short and fat (more square) on my screen.  The margins, headers and footers seem fine.  I don �t know how to fix it.  Does anyone have any ideas?

The setting is on portrait and the standard paper size is set to 8.5 x 11.  I have the same menu/tool bar as I usually do and the same thing happens with or without the ruler showing.

Thank you.

Pinky

3 Dec 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Hi Pinky Smile

do the documents print okay or is that also an issue?

Regards,
AB

3 Dec 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Everything prints fine.  I now see that when I scroll down the top of the document will go "under" the menu/tool bar.  I wonder if this is just an "illusion" that I am only noticing today.  This makes the document appear shorter.  Perhaps before I was not viewing documents at 100%. But I swear something has changed. 

Am I going crazy?

Pinky

3 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

No crazier than usual, Pinky LOL

There is probably something somewhere in one of the menus that will change the way that menu behaves. I �m not familiar enough with 2007 to tell you where it is... but... maybe this link will help:

If I find anything really useful I �ll send you a link.

Cheers,
AB

3 Dec 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Pinky

In the View ribbon which Document View are you in? Print Layout

In the View ribbon, and then Zoom menu, which one is selected: One Page, Two Pages or Page Width?  If you have clicked the last one it will appear short and fat in Print Layout view.

Does this help?

Jayho

3 Dec 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I figured it out!  Hurray!  Yes, my sheets were in Print View.  Turns out that when you roll your mouse arrow over the top of a document, you can choose to hide the "white space" or view the "white space".  By double clicking on two little arrows there is suddenly a space between the document and the ruler or menu!

Yay!  The mystery is solved!  Thanks for your help!

3 Dec 2009