Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > New User - Question about the site rules!    

New User - Question about the site rules!

goingupenglish
Brazil

New User - Question about the site rules!

Hi everyone!  I just joined this site yesterday, and I wanted to make sure I understand the site rules...I teach mostly conversational  English for advanced speakers who want to improve fluency, so most of the material that I put together is lesson plans for FUN conversation classes! I make my own lesson plans, and do my own formats and layouts, but (like everyone else, I �m sure!) I often use ideas and games that I get from friends, get from other sites, etc. As long as I don �t copy anything printable from other people, is it okay to include an idea for a conversation game that I found online in the lesson plan? If there is a printable for the game, is it okay to include a link to the site for others to use the original as well? I hope to have some useful stuff for everyone, and my teaching partner has more grammar and vocabulary-related stuff as well...glad to meet you all!

Adrienne
Rio de Janeiro

3 Dec 2009      

Gangster 1
Thailand

Well first let me welcome you to your new site with plenty of wonderful worksheets to download :-)

now be careful......

This is a big question that needs to be answered by victor and the so called some moderators......BUT be careful if you have already done so on this subject as some moderators think they are god and will report it as copyright but infact you have made your worksheet from scratch just using a plain template cold have it removed from this site but hay who am I just another user thats having this debate. good luck anyways. 

look at the 19 or so answers with kunters question.

3 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Wacko 

WELCOMEEEE!! =))

Read this please...

3 Dec 2009     

nancywhite
China

Hi,Everybody!
 So glad to be here and I just joined this site yesterday.Still I haven �t any points to download any worksheet, but I really need to download one!What should I do?I am in a hurry!

3 Dec 2009     

nancywhite
China

Hi!

Still me!If you have any ideas to help me out, can you email to me? My address is [email protected]  thanks a lot!

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

HI AND WELCOME TO THIS GREAT SITE. SORRY BUT YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD YOUR WORK FIRST THEN THE POINTS WILL COME. I DO UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL WHEN I STARTED I WAS IN THE SAME WAY AS YOU NEEDED TO DOWNLOAD WORK FOR SCHOOL BUT HAD TO WAIT FOR MY POINTS.

3 Dec 2009     

nancywhite
China

Hi!
Thanks a lot! I am waiting for your points! It �s hard for me to get the points first,I really nead time to study how to do the worksheet!Anyway,thank you !

3 Dec 2009     

victor
Spain

@ GANGSTER 1:

Sorry, but I will not tolerate users who deliberately break the rules and then, instead of being ashamed, they try to "scare" newcomers and give moderators a bad reputation.

This is one of Gangster 1 �s recent contributions:
And this is the original from bogglesworld:

So... is this what you call "using a plain template", or was it "made from scratch"?

Or maybe you were talking about this:
Was it made using "as a plain template" the following one from bogglesworld?

I don �t like to accuse others in the public forum, but you started. I �m tired to see that sometimes the ones who criticise the most are the ones who should close their mouth.
BTW, there is a rule in this website: if you break the rules three times, you are out. And you have uploaded more than three copied worksheets.

@ADRIENNE,

Welcome to this website. If you don �t copy, you won �t have any problem.
If you include links in your lesson plan, it is perfect. Nothing wrong at all.

Best wishes,

Victor

3 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, welcome to this great site.Hug

You have to upload your own worksheet first. Remember it have to be your own work, not a copy from from other website or from somebody else. Once you upload your work and people will download it, you will start collecting your points and will be able to download worksheets from this site. It may be hard and may seem a bit difficult from the beginning but as time will go you will see there is nothing difficult.
And please, don �t care much about what Gangster 1 wrote - unfortunately his work was reported and removed because he uploaded ws which wasn �t his - and that is breaking the rules. That �s why he is so spiteful (unfortunately).
As long as you upload genuine work, you have nothing to be afraid of. There are loads of great people who will always be willing to hep you.

Take care and good luck, MichaelaSmile
 Edit: Thanks, Victor. You were faster than me. Wink

3 Dec 2009     

nancywhite
China

Hi! Victor and Michaela!
Thank you a lot! I am a newer, so I don �t know more about the rule of our website.I should say "sorry", and I will try my best to do my own work to get the points! You are right, with the time goes and I will see there is nothing difficult! Thank you again! And I know this is a great place to share our work!How lucy I am!And I will follow the rules! Thanks! 

3 Dec 2009     

goingupenglish
Brazil

Thanks, everyone! I �ll be very careful about copied material. If I use worksheets from other sources in a lesson, I �ll just post the link in the lesson plan...thanks for the warm welcome!

And Victor, don �t worry - I �ve read a lot of the other posts in the forum as well. ;) Not scared...

Adrienne

3 Dec 2009