Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > to Portuguese teachers    

to Portuguese teachers

morganalin
Portugal

to Portuguese teachers

Hi people how do u do?

This message is for my Portuguese colleagues (but if anyone can give me a good answer, please feel free to suggest something)
Here it goes:
I give private lessons to some 10th graders, and one of the students told me that her teacher had told the class  that they are have to  do a research work till the end of the 1st term.
She told her students that they have to talk about an English custom/tradition or a custom/tradition om from an English speaking country that we celebrate here in Portugal.
When she told me about that I could only think about Halloween but that is too obvious and probably other students are going to talk about it.
Can u think about another English custom/tradition or  an English speaking country custom or tradition that we celebreate here in Portugal?Ermm
My head is full of worries and I cannot think properly about this, probably it �s too obvious, but I don �t remember...
Hugs and thanks a lot for your reply...
Have a good evening

4 Dec 2009      

Concei��o Sousa
Portugal

Hi, morganalin, Boa noite!
I may be wrong, but what about hiding Easter eggs and looking for them. I think it �s a british/American tradition that we celebrate in portugal. (not so popular as HALLOWEEN but students know about it.) In Portuguese school, in AECs activities (1� ciclo), our colleagues usually play hide and seek eater eggs.
hope I �ve helped you.
Cumprimentos,
Concei��o

4 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

Mothers Day, Fathers Day and Valentines Day.

4 Dec 2009     

Concei��o Sousa
Portugal

I forgot April �s Fool �s Day!

4 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

Mother �s day is an American "holiday".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day

5 Dec 2009     

mariaolimpia
Portugal

What about Valentine �s Day and Shrove Tuesday and the Pancake Race?

5 Dec 2009