Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English Club    

English Club

Hamidou2008
Morocco

English Club

Dear Colleagues,
    Hello everyone. I will start an English club in my school soon. The club will be for complete beginners, but I can not decide what activities to suggest for them. That is why I am writing to ask for any ideas, activities, suggestions or even ways to share this experience with other teachers & Ss all over the world.
    Thanks a million for your help.
             Hamidou

6 Dec 2009      

abaza
Qatar

First work out your goals then i can help you as i �ve implemented a similar club in my classes

6 Dec 2009     

Hamidou2008
Morocco

Hello sir,
  Thank you for replying to my message. Of course the general goal behind this club is to give students an opportunity to develop their abilities and skills in English. My problem now is how to start and what activities to include. It is my first experience.
   I will be grateful if you share with me your experience and you help me to start.
         Thanks
           Hamidou

6 Dec 2009     

dwaikat
Palestine

Hi there,

I think you can start with some drama. I mean to choose a play and start training your students at. You can also think of some interesting songs since students prefer such activities. You can design some attractive workshops with your students as well. Or even have a project to do: by deviding them into groups, picking up a topic to work on, and develop it further.

hopefully, you find that helpful.

6 Dec 2009