Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CAPES    

CAPES

Baadache
Canada

CAPES

Helloo,

Two  new teachers are submitting to a Certificate of Fitness for the professorship of secondary education (CAPES). And I am, a teacher of English, asked to accompany the inspector as one member of the jury for this exam. The question is that this is my first time I go with an inspector for this exam, and I DON �T have any idea about my role.  I feel that it is a great reponsibility.

Please if you have experienced that, would you guide or tell me about the role I play, as a member of the jury, in the classroom?  What should I give more attention to ?  -teaching materials, worksheets, the presentation in the class, fluency, grammar,.... What should I have as a documentation?  What kind of points I do have to analyse ?

I will be so grateful
                         Thank you in advance Smile

Note: In Algeria or France we say CAPES, I wonder how to say that in English? Is it the same   
           as I mentioned it above?

7 Dec 2009      

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

Hi,
Same thing in Tunisia, we call it CAPES and it consists of three exams, a MCQ exam (multiple choice questions) then a written exam and the final stage is an oral exam. About your role as member of the committee, don �t be shy to ask the inspector because being familiar with such examinations and in charge of this mission, he �s the best person to answer your enquiries, the best person who knows better than anyone in the site about the Algerian conditions and rules of testing and grading and circumstances.
But generally speaking, you have to focus on everything, the materials presented by the teacher , fluency, the techniques and methods of teaching adopted, the interaction of the students, the general atmosphere, the lesson plan (whether he or she included all of the three stages of a lesson plan that is presentation, practice and production) ect
Good luck

7 Dec 2009