Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > PROJECTS.    

PROJECTS.

cristinacarre
Spain

PROJECTS.

Hello.
I am teaching young learners.
my students are 6 or 7 years old.
what I can do to teach like a Project with them. Can somebody help me???
In my school there aren �t books. What I can do to motivate them.

thanks a lot.

7 Dec 2009      

twin_sister1
Norway

Why not choose some topic that is relevant to everyday life? Christmas holidays are right around the corner. What you can do with the children of that age is to make some postcards or a collage with clipart. Simply find some pictures on the net or let them draw and colour themselves. Instructions can be given in English. The illustrations can be marked with some English phrases as well.
Good luck. 

7 Dec 2009     

cristinacarre
Spain

What is a clipart collage?

7 Dec 2009     

jessica farias
Argentina

You propose a subject, example fruit and vegetables, so you ask the children to find and cut pictures of this kind of food (on magazines, newspapers or the net) and to bring them to class, then all the children together can make a poster by sticking the pictures on a bigger hard paper and they can write the names of the pictures they have brought.

Hope it helps.

Jessica. 

7 Dec 2009     

Nani Pappi
Portugal

Hi cristinacarre,

Why don �t you try a recipe. They will use vocabulary to buy things, they will use numbers, they will need to measure the ingredients, they will write, ... and if you do the recipe they can taste it and express opinion.

Love,

Nani Pappi

7 Dec 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

If you teach a topic, you can always make a poster with them - e. g. if you teach house and furniture, you can use a huge paper, draw a blueprint of a house (simple) and use flashcards or magazine cut outs of furniture and tell them you �ve made a mess of things because you have a terrible headache so you place all the furniture in the wrong rooms on the poster and have them fix it using key words in English. If you teach body parts, have them draw a simple monster or snowman on a piece of paper and then do a coloring dictation with key words - e. g. colour his nose purple, colour his arms pink, colour his hat blue, etc. and add some stuff like draw a present next to him, draw a friend for him, give him a coat (if they �ve learned clothes) etc. You can also tell them a story using drawings or pictures, and then mix the pictures and tell the story again but have them re-order the pictures. It �s lovely to have a huge story book on the wall of your classroom, especially when they know how to name key words and perhaps a rhyme with it (google Chubby LIttle Snowman rhyme - it �s lovely, simple and has a story in it)...

7 Dec 2009     

marwan380
Yemen

O.k this my idea that it worked with my students. I asked them to bring a copy book .they can draw what they learn .If they study colors they can draw colors .the most important part of it is how to appreciate what the students have done.
any project can like this work.

8 Dec 2009     

my butterfly
Tunisia

I THINK A TOPIC ABOUT SCHOOL DESCRIPTION WILL BE USEFUL

12 Dec 2009