Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > My printables    

My printables

irma_m
Spain

My printables

Does anybody knows how to keep the original characteristics (quality of images, kind of fonts, etc.) about the printables? All my printables loses quality and have a diferent type of font!

7 Dec 2009      

lovinglondon
Spain

sometimes it happens to me that i make a printable at home with some type of fond and when I open it in another computer the font is different because the receptor (I mean, the second computer) has not the font installed. Try installing the font in the computer you open the work in and see that the font isn �t changed.
As regards the quality....Mmmm...are you using JPG images?? They shouldn �t be changed.

7 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

It has to do with formatting. To use your original font, you have to embed it. Images have to be grouped.
Read this thread to learn more http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=10561

7 Dec 2009     

wolfy
Chile

Irma,

you must use the same font on both PC �s.  This means that the font you are using MUST also be on the server (eslprintables.com).  If it isn �t the server will use another font.  Sometimes these fonts can vary in size and then move things around.  The simplest solution is to use a basic font (times new roman, Aerial, MS Sans Sherif etc...).  The other soltion would be to place all the text in textboxes that don �t resize.   The quality of images changing probably has to do with the PC not the site.  The site does nothing to your ws.  It only saves a print preview of it to display to other users.  If I for example have the same fonts as you on my PC when I download your ws it will appear exactly the same as for you.  The print preview on the site only appears different because the server doesn´t have that font.  

P.S.
If you want to recieve pm´s (private messages) you must remove the "_" from your username unless that problem has been sorted and I didn �t hear about it.

7 Dec 2009