Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for original ideas for xmas    

looking for original ideas for xmas

Vanessa G L
Spain

looking for original ideas for xmas

Hi everybody,

i need to prepare something for the xmas party. at school we usually prepare  songs or  plays. however i would like to do something different or at least not the typical xmas carols. any suggestion?

thank in advance

8 Dec 2009      

Lana.
Ireland

Why don �t you guys make a big Christmas tree out of cardboard and shiny gltzy stuff?
Or why don �t you learn a dance?

Or why don �t you have a competition for the best Christmas poem in your class? Then print out the poems and hang them around the school.

ORRR....

Why don �t you make a Christmas Movieeeee on camera??!...

Or why don �t you make a Christmas Photograph collection: make all the costumes, Santa packing presents, Santa riding the sleigh, elves helping Santa, dropping presents in the chimney...a collage of photographs...

Or a competition for the best Christmas Card for the Teachers!! of your school!

8 Dec 2009     

carolina_772
Spain

Hello,

In my school our students act out the PASTORETS, and the annutiation of the three kings... I know that is not typicaly Engish but is a tradition of the school >.<! We dont act the typical pastorets and the scene of Jesus but an original one. We include famous people visiting Jesus and humourous dialogues... For the children is very motivating.

You could also prepare a NEWS, some children explaining the weather with a cardboard containing a map, others can explain some news related to the father xmas or to xmas in general. Or one child could be a reporter presenting a new pop group, and the pop group is composed of several students singing xmas carols. I �ve done it with my students who where 8-11 and they did it quite good

take care!

8 Dec 2009