Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Removed by mistake?    

Removed by mistake?

zailda
Brazil

Removed by mistake?

When we upload a worksheet we have a great feature that some members don �t use properly, maybe they think it �ll be a waste of time.

I �m referring to the "worksheet description", and members use it to tell things we can easily see by ourselves but omit important information that can help other members and moderators as well.

- inform if you are re-uploading an old ws deleted. If you don �t, members who already have it or worked with it will report it as a copy;

- when you use a text to prepare comprehension questions, give credit to the author, providing the book or the links where it can be found;

- if it �s part of a set (because sometimes it �s too big to upload once and we have to split into parts) provide the links for the other parts;

- if you �re using other person �s layout (ask permission first) inform that the member gave permission and provide the link for his ws (give credit for the original author);

- if you have similar material uploaded previously, explain that it �s another version of the ws (provide link) with other content / clipart / idea / tasks;

- if your ws is inspired in other member �s work, provide the link for his wss or profile (give credit) and explain the differences or the way you developed your activity.

- if you use a software to prepare the ws or if you add the "unfamous cells" please provide this info, or it�ll be reported.

We are all teachers and we have to understand that filling out a form properly is very important, and if your description lacks information, we may think you are concealing something.

So be clear and use this useful feature with its full potential, don �t waste other member �s time trying to guess what your ws is for, don �t omit info that can save us some time and save your ws from being reported and removed.

When a ws is removed by mistake, but it lacks important information, whose fault is it?

12 Dec 2009      

stefipro
Greece

Hello Zailda, i really really need sb �s help uploading a powerpoint.
could you pls help me?

Thank you!!!!

12 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

zailda, thank you. I think these tips must be on the preview before a person upoads the wss. Or just a link to this thread.

12 Dec 2009     

lillizen
Brazil

Thanks, Zailda. That �s very useful. ^.^

BTW, how do I add a clickable link in the description?

12 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

You don �t, there isn �t this option in the description editor and I don �t think it �ll accept html either. Just provide the link and people will copy and paste it in their browsers.

12 Dec 2009     

lillizen
Brazil

Oh! What a shame! =(

12 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

"When a ws is removed by mistake, but it lacks important information, whose fault is it?"

Clap

And here I thought it was the moderators � fault...Ouch

Great post Zoilda.

12 Dec 2009