Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > a doubt    

a doubt

WestHampstead
Spain

a doubt

She �s wearing a beetle. I found it in an exercise. What does beetle mean here? thanks

14 Dec 2009      

alien boy
Japan

unless it �s actually the critter/creature/insect �beetle� or a brooch in the shape of one, I �ve got no idea.

Cheers,
AB

14 Dec 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I think Alien Boy is right.  It must be something she �s wearing like a ring, or a brooch. in the shape of a beetle.

14 Dec 2009     

kons
Morocco

"beetle" can be a ring or necklace or clothes taking the shape of a beetle or holding a sign of it. this can be understood from the following pictures :

14 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

yes, you �re right... (that�s what we said)... and this would generally be said "She�s wearing a beetle ring/necklace/whatever."

If it�s just "She�s wearing a beetle" then it would generally be understood that she�s wearing the insect rather than a fashion item/accessory.

the first flickr image is quite provocative - & is essentially someone impersonating a beetle, not wearing a beetle.

Regards, AB

14 Dec 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

Could be this or this what they were referring to.

14 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Could there be a spelling mistake and could she be wearing something
that is called A Beatle Polo?

"Black polo neck sweaters made popular by the Beatles cover album were often worn under check pinafore dresses." - http://www.fashion-era.com/the_1960s_mini.htm

14 Dec 2009