Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Explain please: What is an ESL resource?    

Explain please: What is an ESL resource?

NataliaNovikova
Russian Federation

Explain please: What is an ESL resource?

Dear friends,

Help me please!�

I �ve just got a letter from moderators�that my contribution AROUND THE WORLD has been removed for the reasons: It is not an ESL resource.�

I �ve recently done this worksheet for my pupils. I am disappointed.

What is the reason?�

14 Dec 2009      

ladyqueen
Azerbaijan Republic

I Hugthink it must consist of pictures for the children?!

14 Dec 2009     

Sara5
Kuwait

I don �t think because it doesn �t have pictures. It happened with me once. It �s because it isn �t related to Esl.

14 Dec 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I haven �t seen your worksheet so I don �t know what the problem was (if there was any).
I can only tell you that a worksheet to be considered an ESL resource, must contain activities where students learn english. This sounds basic right? Well, there are �teachers � who skip this very important fact. An ESL resource contains: �reading comprehension, gap filling, identifying/classifying, matching, etc etc etc..
So in short, colouring pages, texts (readings) with no activities, and stationary are not considered ESL resources.
Some people scan from books, as they do not know how to make ESL worksheets.. this is totally unfair even if the book is not in published anymore.
anyway, I �m sure than more than one moderator voted in your case.. what I mean is that maybe there was a mistake with yours.. could you tell us what was the worksheet about? Which activities provided for students to practice, learn or revise english ?
Thanks!

14 Dec 2009     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

as samantha said, if it was a reading without any kind of task or just some maps or flags with any direct link to mastering the language it �s usually remove. could you describe the ws?

14 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Some users also upload wss which are more for Science, Maths or other classes. These may be considered as non ESL too.

14 Dec 2009     

NataliaNovikova
Russian Federation

It contains two rhymes with the words related to traveling by plane. We learned the rhymes at the each lesson. I always give the rhyme worksheets to my children. It �s easy for them to write new words, sounds and intonation. �

14 Dec 2009     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

did it have any kind of exercise? cuse i think i remember a ws like that but it only had the rhymes with some letters in bold, and unless you wrote the rhymes yourself and included some kind of exercises is consideres just a copy from the net.

14 Dec 2009     

niacouto
Portugal

I can remember the worksheet you are talking about. My question is: what should we do with those rhymes? Maybe if you inserted some instructions it could become clear how we coud use that resource as teachers of English and make it meaningful for our students. Add some tasks to it+instructions and then I suppose it is OK.

14 Dec 2009