Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Pen friends required for 11-13 year old boys    

Pen friends required for 11-13 year old boys

mlle.victoria
Malta

Pen friends required for 11-13 year old boys

Hello everyone,

I�m a teacher of English in Malta. I would like to give the opportunity to my students (11-13 year old boys) to correspond with other students who are still learning English. Is there anyone who can help?

Thanks!

19 Sep 2008      

anyteacher
Argentina

HI, Victoria
I�m going to write later because I�m in class now, but I�m interested and my students too. A big hug from Agentina. Any

19 Sep 2008     

anyteacher
Argentina

Hi Victoria
It�s me again.
We are going to start a pen friends project. Here in my institute there are five students interested. They are 10, 12 and 13 years old elementary level. Next week I�m going to ask at school because I work there from monday to thursday. Are your children only interested in writing to another boys or can be girls too?  I think I could send you the mail addresses of Compu-English Institute and Schools which has got internet conection. Children can check mails every time they come to english classes and we can supervise the replies. Do you agree? What�s your opinion? I�ll be waitng for your suggestions.

20 Sep 2008     

mlle.victoria
Malta

Hi Any,

Thank you so much for your reply ... I�m so excited at the idea! Here school kicks off tomorrow so hopefully by the end of the week, I�ll be able to tell how many students are interested in this correspondence project. I tried to set something up last year but the school was undergoing a lot of changes and we focused on other things ... hopefully this year we�ll manage! 

The students I�ll be proposing this to are at elementary level as well. Each student has his own school email address (secured) and in school we also have an internet connection available. It�s a good idea to have them check their replies during English classes.

If possible we can also try and set up a video-conference at one point too so that the students will be able to see who they�re communicating with and maybe we can carry out a small discussion on a topic we would have already prepared in class (obviously this will only be possible if multimedia resources are available and, in my case, if parents consent!).

What do you think? I�ll get back to you with more ideas this week as I�ll only be able to tell what can be possible once I meet the students.

Thank you once again!

Looking forward to start this activity ... which I�m sure will be extremely beneficial for the students!

One last thing ... I can be contacted on [email protected]

Victoria

21 Sep 2008