Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > role play ideas    

role play ideas

Valiant
Netherlands

role play ideas

Dear fellow teachers!

I recently got married and now I�d like to do class on marriage. So far role-playing has proven to be the best method to get maximum student participation in my spoken English class. But I so far I haven�t had any luck in finding good lesson-plans on marriage or ideas for role playing (in general) on the net.

So basically what I�m asking is, if you guys know any good web-sites for role playing activities and if you have any good ideas for a lesson on marriage.

Thank you people!

Valiant

12 Nov 2008      

Pinky Makus
Canada

What ages do you teach?  I have heard of children having a "friendship wedding" where they act out a ceremony and promise to be friends forever.  Maybe this is something you could look for.  You can also talk about the ways that wedding vows have changed over the years.  For example, many women do not like some vows where they must promise to "obey" their husbands.  Some vows mention God, some do not.  What if the children wrote there own vows and read them for the class?  They could talk about love and why people get married....

Good luck with this topic.

Pinky

14 Nov 2008     

Pinky Makus
Canada

What ages do you teach?  I have heard of children having a "friendship wedding" where they act out a ceremony and promise to be friends forever.  Maybe this is something you could look for.  You can also talk about the ways that wedding vows have changed over the years.  For example, many women do not like some vows where they must promise to "obey" their husbands.  Some vows mention God, some do not.  What if the children wrote there own vows and read them for the class?  They could talk about love and why people get married....

Good luck with this topic.

Pinky

14 Nov 2008