Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hyperlink    

Hyperlink

aftab57
United Kingdom

Hyperlink

When I copy a url and paste into a word document I can �t change it into a blue link by pressing enter. It was working before but just now it won �t work. Inadvertently I must have changed a setting somewhere but have no clue about it. Can some one help. Thank you in advance.

19 Dec 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello dear Aftab,
It always works with me, and never faced such a problem before. Hope you get your request answered.

Dropped by to wish you a lovely day!!!
Nebal

19 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Hi aftab,

The only way for you then is to choose Insert - Hyperlink until you find the fault.

19 Dec 2009     

HOLYMARY_852
India

Hullo Aftab! Greetings!   Please try the following:

On the File Menu, click Format - Auto Fromat - Options - Please see whether the option "Internet & Network paths with hyperlinks" is ticked under the heading "AutoFormat as you type" If it is not checked, check it now!

I hope it will work. Please let me know if you are successful in doing it.

Dev and Joe from Holymary

19 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Holymary

Thanks! This must be true for Word 2003, but how about Word 2007? I can �t find these options there.

19 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

If you are using word 2007 try this.

Click top LEFT hand corner (which opens up save etc...)and then click on the option at the bottom  called �Word Options

Click �proofing

Click �Auto correct options

Click Auto format which is one of the tabs. In the replace section make sure the box is ticked beside internet and network paths with hyperlinks.

Big smile

19 Dec 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Thank you guys. Holymary your suggestion worked. Have a lovely day everyone.

19 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Thank you!! I learned something new!

19 Dec 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Thanks dear collegues for your suggestions. I �ll garner them in case I faced such a problem.
Hugs,
Nebal

19 Dec 2009