Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > possessive pronouns    

possessive pronouns

miyoko71
Morocco

possessive pronouns

Dear Colleagues,

First of all, I would like to wish you a happy christmas.
I �m teaching possessive pronouns to my 8th form students . I �m looking for a short paragraph where we have at least two or three possessive pronouns ,in order to ask my students what do they refer to.
Do you have any suggestions , please?
Thanks in advance.
Miyoko71

21 Dec 2009      

redcamarocruiser
United States

I didn�t find anything that I liked in a search on the web, so I wrote you two example paragraphs. Maybe you can adapt one of them or come up with your own idea.

Whose problem is it?

The key problem facing the world today is pollution.  World leaders recently met in Copenhagen and talked about global warming. They played the blame game. Some countries when asked who �s at fault said the blame is not theirs. Others pointed fingers, and said, "It is not ours."
One ireport by a little boy showcased the problem. He said, "What are you leaving for my generation?" If you don �t solve the problems now while they are yours, they will become ours in 20 years when we come of age, if the world is still viable then. The responsibility for change is yours and ours.  We can all do our part. For my part I am not going to duck the responsibility that is mine.
My motto is "Let there be be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me."

Whose dog is it?
Alice found a stray and is looking for the rightful owner. She asked her next door neighbor on the right and she said it is not hers. Then she asked her neighbor on the left and he said the dog is not his. Alice went to the store and asked people coming out of the store if the dog belonged to them. they all said it was not theirs. She went to the vet and they said, "Sorry it is not ours." She went to the pound and they said, "We can take him and wait to see if the rightful owner claims him. If the dog is not claimed in 3 days, if you want him, he is yours."
Three days later, no one had called about the dog. Alice went to the pound, picked up the dog and then said to him, "Now you �re mine. Welcome to the family."

22 Dec 2009     

miyoko71
Morocco

Dear redcamaroctuiser,

Thanks for your help., 
merry christmas

26 Dec 2009