Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Second lesson ...     

Second lesson ...

SaraMariam
United States

Second lesson ...

I just wanted to thank everybody again who gave me such positive feedback yesterday and rebuild my mood and hope! Today really went much better. Just the second group still caused problem, but that was a private one between two kids which resulted in that the director himself sent one of the kids home.  So it had nothing to do with me. I started the class with making our own rules and ideas what we do when we dont keep the rules and I worked with stickers (thanks for everybody who posted them on the site; they were a big help). First they tried still their old behaviour; but when they saw that I �m serious about the punishment; they thought twice if they want to behave like that any longer. I �m really happy it went better today. Thanks again to everybody :)
Big hugs
Sara

22 Dec 2009      

zoemorosini
United States

That �s wonderful news!  I �m so glad to hear it.  Keep your head high! 

zoemorosini

22 Dec 2009     

danka.michalkova
Czech Republic

Congratulations!!! And your lessons will be better and better because you will know the children better and better and you will know what to expect from them:)

22 Dec 2009     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Well done, Sara!

22 Dec 2009     

eng789
Israel

Good for you.  Just remember that they are lucky to have you. and have fun.Smile

22 Dec 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Great newsBig smile
Congrats!

22 Dec 2009     

suxanita
Portugal

Well done!!
It happens a lot.
On my first year  as a teacher I was very frustrated because I had a French class and some of the students had bad temper but after a while we were having fun!
Children are always testing us.
Don �t forget: you �re a friend but almost you �re their teacher and they have to respect you and the rest of the class.

23 Dec 2009     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks a lot :) yes I guessthe first times are the most difficult ones; but after one gets to know each other it will go better (hopefully :p)

Hugs
Sara

23 Dec 2009