Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheets in colour?    

Worksheets in colour?

metcet20
Turkey

Worksheets in colour?

I don �t understand why the teachers here design colourful worksheets. Do you have the opportunity to give the sts in colour?

Merry Christmas

23 Dec 2009      

Sara5
Kuwait

Hi,

Nasilsin? Yes i give them colourful worksheets. I have my own lazer deskjet printer at home.

tesekurlar

23 Dec 2009     

veljaca82
Australia

Well, most of the time I give them bw or grayscale wss. Sometimes, I give them wss printed in colour. I print them at home. 

23 Dec 2009     

nigyy
Turkey

I give black and white worksheets too, but I love preparing colorful printables... :)

23 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Hi metcet

There are ways how to use coloured worksheets.

I post them on my Moodle learning site and students don �t print them but do the tasks online or send the answers by email.
Many teachers use OHP (me too) to show the worksheet on the screen and do the tasks in the classroom without printing.
You can also easily set your printer to grayscale or b/w printing and then print whatever you need.

Have a happy holiday!

23 Dec 2009     

Vivi Quir
Argentina

baiba,  you have given me a great idea about the OHP!  Now what is Moodle learning site ?

23 Dec 2009     

metcet20
Turkey

This is a marvellous site, it �s been by far the best, however the colour and the pictures are more important than the content.

23 Dec 2009     

averitope
Argentina

Hi  metcet20! I don �t think that colours and pictures are more important than the content. Not for me, at least. I love attractive layouts because my students love them. Sometimes, pictures make some exercises easier or clearer. My students do their best and complete them very tidily because they love the worksheet. The same happens when I have to choose a text book or a storybook. I always pay attention to the artwork. But I also pay attention to the content and I think that many worksheets in this site have both.

In my case, I can �t give my students colour worksheets but I print them in b/w.
Happy holiday season to you all! Smile

23 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Vivi

Moodle is a software that lets you create your own online course to use in teaching (as a supplement to face-to-face teaching or as an independent course).

To learn more about Moodle go to http://docs.moodle.org/en/About_Moodle.

I love it for many reasons (there are also some drawbacks) but it would need a longer talk and if you are interested, write me a PM.

23 Dec 2009     

mcadan
Spain

Hi METCET20! I agree with you. Most of the worksheets have a lot of colours and pictures but very little content. In many of these worksheets the activity can be done in  five minutes or even less.I think that colour and pictures can be attractive, but content is more important for our students.It doesn�t matter you give the worksheet in colour or black and white , the important is the content

23 Dec 2009     

epit
Turkey

I like colours so much If Ihad oppurtunity I would press all the worksheets in colour of course but this is impossible so If it is necesarry ,I use them by reflecting on screenwhy do we give up colours when they exist?ıt is easy to turn colourful in to B&W

23 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    Next >