Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HOW CAN I ?    

HOW CAN I ?

ayten67
Turkey

HOW CAN I ?

Hi from TURKIYE

Friends,I need your help, I will teach countables and uncountables but my students -9th grade- think that they get bored with this subject :( How can I make it more enjoyable?  

24 Dec 2009      

mauro78
Colombia

Hi!!! My dear fellow..

Well, I am from Colombia in my case they usually know a little about the topic, so What I do is to create the atmosphere, I make two lists on board and I asked them what�s the difference between them, then try two things. one ok tell one example each very quickly very quickly. type and print pieces of paper with both of them (count and uncon) I paste them on the wall and they have organize them including some challenging words like furniture, and other like that. then I tell them they going to supermarket they have to amke the list to shop including vocabulary about containers, and then we visit a supermarket with a sheet where write info abotu the products like prices, containers and things like that, then they present the info to the class.

Hope it�s useful..

25 Dec 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You might find this useful.

25 Dec 2009     

bint oman11
Oman

I �m from Oman,  you can make this lesson by using powerpoint and play a letter game with your students. Also, you can use young teacher technique

25 Dec 2009     

HOLYMARY_852
India

Make two columns under the heads "HOW MUCH �   & "HOW MANY � on the BB. Now think of the common things which can be counted and which cannot be counted. Ask your students questions like "How much milk did you drink today?, How much money do you have in your pocket � and the like Put the Q & Ans. under the relevant headings - Proceed with How many  - How many books do you have in your bag?  �How many books... How many pens .... and so on. Make an exhaustive list. Give an exercise for HW to find out more such countables and uncountables which are not practised in the class. Involve your students in learning. Make them active and let them participate in learning.

25 Dec 2009     

ayten67
Turkey

many thanks friends, I like your ideas,all of them will be very useful for my students.I really lke the idea of supermarket :)

25 Dec 2009     

zahmetk
Turkey

and also you might prepare a shopping list together. to start with, you might ask questions like whether they like shopping. Then stick a large paper on the BB. and tell your sts that you will make a big shopping list together. when you complete the shopping list, you may want them categorize the list . I think it will be a good start!
Merry Christmas

25 Dec 2009     

ayten67
Turkey

that is a great idea my friend:) where do you work in TURKIYE?which city?

25 Dec 2009