Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Podcasts: Are you creating them yourself, yet?    

Podcasts: Are you creating them yourself, yet?

annabelle1654
Germany

Podcasts: Are you creating them yourself, yet?

Hello Colleagues,

I was just wondering is it easy to make podcasts and download them to an ipod for class. That would be great when you don �t have the cd!! I know you can burn a cd and create a mp3, but is there a way to just create a mp3 file on your computer and put it on your ipod to play for your students! Do you need certain software? Very interested.

Thanks in advance! You all bring such a wealth of information to my life, which I am thankful to benefit from.

Best regards,
Belles

25 Dec 2009      

niacouto
Portugal

Hi, annabelle1654

Yes, you can create your podcasts to use with your ipod. You need the software "audacity", in it you build up your podcast and then convert it into .mp3. Then, all you have to do is put it in your ipod and there you go!.

Season �s greetings.

25 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Dear Belles

You can make podcasts easily on http://www.podomatic.com/featured
The only thing that you will need is earphones and a mike.

You have to register and the next moment you can start creating your own podcasts. No need to download any software, everything is taken care of.

I �ve tried it and it works! After you create a podcast, you can use your file in any way you wish.

25 Dec 2009     

niacouto
Portugal

Thanks baiba,

I peeped in and it looks much easier than with "audacity".

25 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Hi niacouto

I know people who use http://www.mypodcast.com/create.html which they claim is very good. I have not tried it but maybe you can give it a go...

25 Dec 2009     

redcamarocruiser
United States

On low bandwidth systems the sound quality of podomatic is not clear. With audacity, since it is not internet based, but local, the sound quality is excellent.

27 Dec 2009