Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > much help needed to get my ws back please    

much help needed to get my ws back please

kons
Morocco

much help needed to get my ws back please

Hi everybody,

I have a problem. I sent a PM to Lana to ask her for advice but she has not answered me yet. while I was looking for a ws dealing with likes and dislikes, I discovered that one of the wss by natachi  was taken from Outlook,which I use in teaching. I sent a report and then I sent a PM to the owner , but things did not go well with her/him. afterwards I was highly surprised to know that one of my wss has been removed as revenge? she /he has already accused me of coping which is not TRUE. IT IS A BIG LIE�I do not know how to prove it. by the way, on the pages natachi referred to there is a reading text: What is philosophy all about?

I really cannot believe how he/she could do that just because I sent a report about a ws 100 percent copied??? I can scan it to prove it.

I want my ws back because it is not copied. plz can you tell me how do you make sure if what is reported is true or not?

27 Dec 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi
I agree with Ladybird, you should edit your post and remove the exchanges you �ve had in PMs.
If you think your printable was removed by mistake,(I don �t know, I have not seen it) you can always reupload it but I have to tell you that it takes more than one vote to remove a printable so maybe there was really something not ok with your printable to start with. I am not accusing you of anything, but even if a printable is reported out of vengeance, it still needs the votes of moderators for it to be removed.

Good luck!

27 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

@kons, I saw a ws reported by natachi yesterday, and the reason was that it was copied from a book. As I don �t know natachi and don �t have the book, I have neither voted nor commented on it.

If you think your wss was unfairly removed, just ask Victor, he �s the one who can restore your wss and the lost points.

Have a nice day.

27 Dec 2009     

kons
Morocco

dear ladybird and manonski,
I have modified my post. thanks for letting me know. what do you mean by by mistake?I just want to know how the moderators make sure that my ws was copied?

27 Dec 2009     

kons
Morocco

very thankful dear zailda. sure it was unfairly removed. I have the book. it is used, I think ,only in Moroccan high schools and I can scan the pages reported to prove that my ws was not copied. I already sent a PM to Victor and I �m waiting for his reply.
 take care

27 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Well, I believe in responsible reporting and also believe in responsible voting on the reporting page. As I have told, I vote for a ws if I can check the reason presented. If it �s reported as a copy from a book I only vote if I have the book, if I don �t, I refrain from voting.

If your ws was reported as a copy from a book and it wasn �t, or it is very similar to the book,  or someone voted just because he believed what natachi said. In this case people can be led to a mistake because they believed in other person �s words.

The other reason is that we are humans and with so many wss to vote on the reporting section, someone might have pressed the removal button without checking. We are humans, and sometimes I spend much time checking a ws and when I make my mind I press the wrong button. It has happened twice, I apologized but there was nothing I could do to correct my mistake.

27 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yes, I remember that ws too. It was reported as copy from a book (as Zailda wrote above). If something is reported as a copy from the book, I always wait for someone else to confirm. Because there was not other confirmation I refrained from the voting yesterday, but it seems that not all moderators did that. But we are only human beings and these mistakes happen occasionally.
If you say your ws was removed unfairly, the only way how to get it back is to write a PM to Victor, and explain the situation to him.
But even if he will restore it, it might take several days as he is very busy and I don �t think he �s around these days. But you try it anyway.
Take care, Michaela

EDIT: Zailda was faster (again);o)

27 Dec 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear kons,
Most of the moderators vote when they know the source (link / book), but sometimes they vote for deleting even though they do not have the the book in their library/bookshelf... When the ws  resembles a page from a textbook, it is good to include the source, eg: inspired by Headway etc...
It is ok to be inspired, it is not ok to copy word by word and add few pics... Ws is deleted then...
Moderators also vote for removing when the preview is obviously a scanned page... (one-page picture scan) So it is highly recommended  to write in description "non-editable ws, created in ...MS Paint by me..." When the ws cannot be edited it usually looks like scan and gets less points...
We all make mistakes, so moderators might get wrong... If your ws was deleted, you can upload it again and get NEW points, or you can contact VICTOR and he can give your "old" points + ws back...

Hope it �s clear...

27 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Kons, by mistake, I mean wrongfully deleted. I �m not going to repeat what the others said. I agree with their reasons for not voting when in doubt.
All I can say is if you (and I mean general you) report a printable as stolen, be ready to prove it and name your source.

It �s never a good thing to do something out of revenge.
Karma is a bit**. It will come back to haunt you. Wink

27 Dec 2009     

natachi
United States

Hi everybody,
Even though I �m quitting this site for good for I am dissillusioned with what some members write down there.A Moroccan teacher accuses me of lying, of taking revenge, for what???
I know full well that he �s making a fuss over nothing to please others and to get the full credit.
Ladies and gentlman, let me tell you that this so-called teacher never ceases cribbing from others � works to get points to finally download worksheets for his awkward and failed classes.The low levels of Moroccan students in English testifies to this.
Let me tell you something, We Arabs are known for envying each other, for vying to get the other �s attention and interest. That �s exaclty what this man tried to do.I dare him to come up with his own worksheets.
I can assure you Mr Tahriali that your abstract some day will be the subject of a presentation made by this Moroccan teacher.This is to appeal to the teaher-adviser in charge of promoting him .I once published an article about  teaching methods and approaches, and was eventually told that it was presented by some novice Moroccan teachers.
Dear teachers, this is the last comment I dash here.I �ll leave it for him.So long "beautiful liar". 
Only one last question?:Who �s going to report against this so-called teacher after I depart?
NB: a close friend who told about the copying of his worksheet.
Bye everybody.
Would you please cancel my account, Victor?

28 Dec 2009     

suxanita
Portugal

Hi natachi and Kons,
I don �t know who �s telling the true but let me tell you that this type of actions are not good for all.
If Kons is cribbing from other �s work, people shoul report.
Natachi, If you are sure of what you say don �t abandon the esl community.
Teachers... lets give hands and help each other!!!

28 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >