Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hi    

hi

izolda_62
Iran

hi

Hi dear friens

I have a problem!
how can i explain the meaning of "wine" and" beer" to my students?
i mean in what way i can make them clear?
thanks
Hadis

28 Dec 2009      

vardaki
Cyprus

Just to see and smell Thumbs Up

28 Dec 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Look it up in the Wikipedia.
Wine and beer are as different as milk and soda pop.
They are made from different things completely.
L

28 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Introduce the new words you �re teaching in the new lesson with a short video or powerpoint where they can see the picture (use famous brands) and listen to the word. Ask the students to repeat the word they hear (don �t correct their pronunciation on this spep, they only have to familiarize with the word and its sound.)

During the lesson, when you use the new word, show flashcards (use recognizable brands) and don �t tell: this is beer, this is wine. Ask them: Is this Coke? Is this milk? Do you drink it at breakfast? Is it OK to drink it at school? How do we call this alcoholic beverage? Is this beer (new word) or water? How do you say this in English?

To have students� attention, first you ask a question, and then you point a student to answer. Get as many answers you can before continuing the lesson.

Hope it helps

Zailda

28 Dec 2009     

izolda_62
Iran

Thanks alooooootSmile

28 Dec 2009