Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > On Kons ´ removed ws    

On Kons ´ removed ws

kons
Morocco

On Kons ´ removed ws

Hi dear Zailda,

Thank you for your words. Anyway, I’m a teacher and I know my duty towards my work, my students, and my community. I don’t have time to waste on trivialities, but I feel I’m treated badly. I didn’t think of receiving such accuses and humiliations from Natachi. He didn’t think that he had gone beyond his limit and started telling about things without any justification.

Let’s have a look at his words:

this so-called teacher never ceases cribbing from others ´ works to get points to finally download worksheets for his awkward and failed classes.The low levels of Moroccan students in English testifies to this

Who is she to talk about Moroccan students and my classes in such a way? Does he know my classes, my students, and the level of Moroccan students in English?

These are illusive and dogmatic stereotypes.

Another claim he used in his defence is the following:

“I can assure you Mr Tahriali that your abstract some day will be the subject of a presentation made by this Moroccan teacher”

Mr Tahriali from Tunisia sent his research abstract and I had some remarks about it and I sent him mine.

Let’s say that it can be true that a novice Moroccan teacher copied his article as he said. Is it  just to warn Mr Tahriali that I will stole his abstract?

Is it fair to call other teachers in this website to vote against me without any reason?

Any way I am a member of this group of teachers and I am happy to be so.

I WILL NOT QUIT THIS WEBSITE AS FAR AS I AM A TEACHER. AND I WILL NOT STOP DEFENDING MY WS TILL I RECEIVE THE MODERATORS’ FAIR DECISION.

A threat from him before I let you see the proof:

“Never ever forget that you made a terrible mistake by removing my points.If you ´re a real teacher, don ´t send me PMs anymore, otherwise you ´ll regret it, got it?”

Now here is my evidence behind the decision of reporting Natachi’s ws which he copied from OUTLOOK . And below the pages from INSIGHTS INTO ENGLISH which he claims that my ws was copied from them; to your knowledge the two books are used in Moroccan high schools

Let me first present the content of his ws which you have of course:

Do you like films?

Practice this conversation.

Tom      Do you like musicals, Anis?

Anis       No, I don’t like them much. What about you?

Tom      Well, Yes. There’s a musical at Med 5 Theatre. Aida, on Saturday night, would you like to go?

Anis       No, I can’t bear musicals. I have two tickets to ‘A Casablanca, les anges ne volent pas.’ I want to see it with my wife.

Tom       Is it a Moroccan film?

Fatima   Yes, it’s a Moroccan film with Italian assistance.

Tom       I love Moroccan films.

Fatima  What sort of Moroccan films do you like?

Tom      I like them all.

Anis      We can see The Weather Man, with Nicolas Cage if you want.

Tom     I can’t stand that actor.

Anis    So, what do you want to see, an English musical or a Moroccan film?

Tom     A Moroccan film of course. What time does it start?

Fatima   At 8:00 pm.

Tom    That sounds great! Let’s just meet at the Dawliz cinemas before the movie starts, around 7:45.I need to book a ticket.

1-      Both Anis and Tom like Musicals.

2-      Tom likes Moroccan comedy films.

3-      Both Anis and Fatima decide to watch The Weather Man.

Anis   OK. Bye.

Comprehension check.

Correct the false information in these statements.

I don’t like them much

Fill in this table with the appropriate expressions from the conversation, and then add other ones to the lists.

Expressing likes

Expressing dislikes

Inviting

Complete the dialogues with the right expressions from the table above.

1-      Samar:  ……………………………… the Art Gallery? There’s an exhibition of Australian paintings.

Kate: …………………………………..When do you want to go?

Samar:   Tomorrow at 3:00 pm.

2-      Mary: Are you free on Friday afternoon?

Fatima: Umm … let me see. Yes, I’ve got nothing special to do.

Mary   : Well, I want to visit the museum.

……………………………………………………………..?

Fatima: No, ……………………………..

Mary: Well. I ……………………………There are a lot of interesting things to see.

Fatima: Yes, you’re right, but today I want to go to another place……………………?

Mary: To the theatre? That’s a good idea.                            Role play

Student A: Ask if your partner is free.

Student B: Answer.

Students A: Invite your partner.

Student B: Answer. Express your likes or dislikes.

Student A: Respond                

Student B: Fix a time.

But we have to wait until 8:00pm.

the following extract are taken from Outlook

the following from Insight into English pages 38-39

I hope this can show a part of the truth

28 Dec 2009      

zailda
Brazil

@kons, I guess only the first sentence is addressed to me and not the whole thread.

28 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Dear Kons,
I agree with you. I think Natachi made a terrible mistake.He was mean and non-diplomatic. I also admire you and I support your decision to stay on this site.  

28 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I didn ´t meet natachi before this incident, but if s/he always talks this way, I don ´t regret it.

28 Dec 2009     

kons
Morocco

dear zailda
I didn ´t get the point in your last post, can you please clarify. by the way, I addressed you and devoted the post to defend my worsheet just because you are one of the voters, to my knowledge.

28 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

@kons, I don ´t accept the way natachi addressed to you and to all the Maroccan teachers, it ´s rude and unfair. Generalization is never accurate, and we can ´t put all the people from a country under the same label. I don ´t believe all the teachers from your country are cheaters, for the simple fact that it ´ll be mathematicaly impossible, to say the least.

If s/he always says things like that and reacts that way, for me she went away too late... sorry if I ´m rude, but I don ´t like people who address to others with disrespect. You (and all teachers from your country) have every right to feel offended, because if I were in your shoes I would.

Secondly, I didn ´t vote your ws. If you remember, I told you that I saw it on the reporting page, but didn ´t vote because I don ´t have the book to compare and decide whether it iwas a copy or not.

So, since your ws is not copied you have two options: asking Victor to restore it or reuploading it.

Have a nice day.

28 Dec 2009     

Blackjack
Morocco

I think that Natasha  underestimated Moroccan students and at the same time Moroccan teachers. And this is a very big mistake. This website is a kind of forum  and we should stick to the rules: No offensive langauge, Judge the ideas but not the persons and where they are from. Otherwise consider yourself out of  the game...

28 Dec 2009