Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > RESOURCES FOR VERY YOUNG CHILDREN    

RESOURCES FOR VERY YOUNG CHILDREN

cristinacarre
Spain

RESOURCES FOR VERY YOUNG CHILDREN

HELLO. I AM TEACHING YOUNG CHILDREN 5, 6 AND 7 YEARS OLD STUDENTS.

I NEED SOME EASY ACTIVITIES AND GAMES TO ENGAGE THEM.
FOR INSTANCE HOW I CAN TEACH CLASSROOM OBJECTS IN A FUN WAY.

OR CLOTHES.

I NEED A LESSON PLAN TO KNOW HOW TO TEACH THEM.

THANKS A LOT.

29 Dec 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi.
I have a lesson plan for very young children my daughter made some years ago .Ican send it to you if you are interested. My e-mail is [email protected].
About how to teach classroom objects you could try a game. Firstly, you show them some objects ( rubber, pencil, pen....). Then you put everything in a paper bag and they pick one without looking. They have to say they right word. If they have it right, they keep the object. Wins who has the most objects at the end of the game.
A variation.You pick something and they ask. Is it long, hard, big . In this case students are more advanced of course. There are lots of boardgames on ESL printables as well,just check it out.

29 Dec 2009     

nita551
Spain

My kids love to play bingo, its a good fun way to learn vocabulary because they hear the words repeatedly and they learn to recognize them; after we play it a few times, the kids themselves take turns which means they "have to know" the words in order to call them out. You should try it, if you have any questions leave me a message.

29 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I downloaded a fantastic game that needs only verbal skills. It is called �who is who � it consists of a big chart with pictures of kids and each kid has different school objects. there are smaller cards with one kid on them. A student takes a card and others need to guess who s/he is by asking �do you have.....?" It is really wonderful. I don �t know who made it but I �m sure you can find it if you search for it on this site!

29 Dec 2009     

stephart
France

hi , I �m head of dept in a foreign language school in France and teach all age groups. For teaching objects etc... the kids love mastermind, its also good for revision and they can play together

4 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

To teach my own daughter I used a set of funny DVDs and CDs (with games) prepared by BBC "Happy English". They were avaliable in Poland and they provided me with perfect teaching material. First we watched a 20 minutes film (made the way that was perfectly clear for a child) and then we practised some voabulary items...

Children get bored very quikly so you must use songs, coloring or puppets to amuse them... Connecting words and gestures is also a good solution (pointing things you are naming, showing the meaning with the gesture etc)      
      Remember than a child is able to learn just a few words during one lesson so do not expect to much and do not forget about having fun with children (once again as many songs and games you are able to use)

I hope you will enjoy your work!

Best wishes!
Kasia

9 Jan 2010     

MR.BED
Peru

DIANA HERRERA , ANTONIO MONGRUT , ANGELICA PORRAS...YOU �D BETTER DOWNLOAD MY CONTRIBUTIONS , THAT �S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR ....

26 Feb 2010