Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > postcards from around the world    

postcards from around the world

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Marion
I am the eight to answer, but you already have an answer from my country. Anyway, I will gladly join in, if you think I can. Let me know, but if one from each country is what you need, no problem, ok �

Bih hugs
linda

29 Dec 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Hi, Marion! Lovely idea! I �ve done something like that with a bunch of our friends here for "The International Day of Languages" in September...and IT �S GREaT, I can tel you!
So..you can count on me, dear! I �ll send you at least a postcard...
Keep up the great work ..and succes!
Hugs from the cold and snowy Romania,
Denisa

29 Dec 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Hello Marion!! I think your idea is just great!! So count on me!! I �m not working right now since we have holidays till March 8th but I �m sending a card from my country and my students next year will  be very happy to have a real postcard from your country. I work with first graders, and they are 11 or 12 years old.

Hugs from Uruguay in South America!!!!

Tricia

29 Dec 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

Marion, count me in!!! :)

29 Dec 2009     

lucak (F)
Czech Republic

Hi Marion,

I �ll send you the postcard too.
My students take part in Postcrossing (www.postcrossing.com).  The idea of this is simple: �send a postcard and receive a postcard back from a random person somewhere in the world!" We have some postcards from all around the world. My students love receiving postcards and guessing where are they from. They also find interesting information about countries.
We have one "class" account there and each child writes one postcard a year. It means that it isn �t too expensive for them (and they don �t have register themselves at this site). 

PS: Today the  site (www.postcrossing.com) doesn �t work. I don �t know why.

29 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

This community is the best!!!
Linda, denisa, puspita and lucak thanks for joining (yes Linda I �ll still love to get a card from you and I �ll send one back, I promise!)
Wauw from Indonesia (You might have to send through Holland...) to the Chech republic, from Spain to Greece, this is fantastic!! This is going to be sooo great!
lucak, the site you mentioned sounds great, I �ll check it out for sure, I wrote it down so I can see if it will work later...)
Thank you all sooo much!
Are there any more asian members around?  or Middle eastern? African? I �m getting excited!!

29 Dec 2009     

kopciuszek
Poland

Hi Marion!
I am an English teacher in Poland.  I teach in a small village in my country. I will send you a postcard too.Would you please tell my where to send it ,to Israel or to Holand? By the way - Your idea is great!

Anna

29 Dec 2009     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi Marion

How exciting, this is a great idea. Star
I will send you a postcard from South Africa.

Love
Joey

29 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Anna, (and all the others)
First of all thanks for joining! In answer to your question; If your country has normal postal relations with Israel it is easiest to send it straight to my address here in Israel. I gave the dutch option for those who want to send from a country that doesn �t have normal relations with Israel. Of course that would be really exciting, to get cards here in Israel from Syria or Lebanon, Iraq, Iran etc. Regrettably these are some of the countries from where it is not possible to send straight to Israel. They can reach me through Holland and I will send them a card from Israel also thru Holland...(I am originally from Holland hence the connections)
This way our students can see cards from countries they would normally not see and they are not able to visit. Who knows, maybe in their lifetime they will! (Inshallah, b �ezrat ha �shem, god willing) It will also show the students the power of the English language as a unifying force!   Oh I love this site!!!
Thanks again everyone! Already 14 different nationalities!!

29 Dec 2009     

giovannademartin
Brazil

Oops! No brazilian yet? Here we are on vacations untill February but I will send it tomorrow!
kisses!

29 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >