Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > shrinking powerpoints    

shrinking powerpoints

yolprica
Spain

shrinking powerpoints

Hello everybody, I have made my first powerpoints and I am very happy about it because I thought it was something more difficult and I have realised that it takes time like worksheets if you want to make them well but I can do them. The problem is that 500 kb is not enough to make a complete, useful powerpoint as I want it so I have used rar to shrink them but now they are not doc. documents, what can I do to sort out this problem?
Thanks in advance for your help
Hugs from rainy Spain
Yolanda

30 Dec 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

Congrats, Yolanda! I remember feeling like a million dollars when I first learned how to make a ppt! It �s a great feeling to learn a new skill, right? I also have shrinking problems with ppts, but mostly it �s all about choosing a template which doesn �t "weigh" much by itself, and using pics which you don �t just copy-paste from the net, but first save them to your pc and then shrink them using Irfanview or some similar software (I �ve been using Irfanview for a long time - it �s free, safe and easy to use, plus it can reduce your pics from e. g. 350 Kb to 35Kb in two simple moves called reducing size and sharpening image).  Just scroll down to posts search and look for topics related to help with powerpoints and I �m sure you �ll find lots of useful advice. http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/category.asp?id=6&page=3
Best of luck!
Anita

30 Dec 2009     

yolprica
Spain

Thank you very much for your useful advice, Anita. I �ll follow your instructions and I �ll cross my fingers.
Yolanda

30 Dec 2009     

HOLYMARY_852
India

You can also reduce your picture size, crop them, brighten them, edit them the way you like, by opening Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You can oppen this from Microsoft tools which comes alongwith your Microsoft Office application. Resize your pictures, save them and then insert them in your PPT. For example, see the pictures I have inserted in my WS - Fruits Fun - Make Juice available in the Recent Contributions today. 

30 Dec 2009