Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > China here I come....    

China here I come....

N.F.T
South Africa

China here I come....

Going to be leaving my home country for the 1st time in my life and will be living and working in China for the next year.  Leaving in 5 days.  Freaking out.  Advice????

1 Jan 2010      

Lost in France
France

Dear N.F.T,
Of course you are feeling a little anxious now that the day you have been preparing for is approaching but don �t worry. Embrace the new! The older we get the more we focus on what can go wrong and we underestimate the amazing inspiration and exhilaration a major change can bring. This is a fantastic opportunity. I am sure you are going to see and experience some weird and wonderful things that you can �t even begin to imagine. I think it �s marvellous that you are taking this leap into a new adventure. And the long term benefits will outweigh any temporary nervousness you may be feeling now.

I have never regretted any move I made in my life, first from Ireland to Paris and then after years mulling it over, from Paris to the french countryside. Often, I find, people wished they �d done it sooner, I know I did.

So as the great Douglas Adams wrote "Don �t Panic" and if you do find yourself with fleeting moments of regret just remind yourself that a year goes by in the blink of an eye.

Heartfelt wishes for a very happy new year.
I am sure it will be a year to remember.
Bon voyage
Susan

1 Jan 2010