Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Using fonts others don īt have on their PC    

Using fonts others don īt have on their PC

SaraMariam
United States

Using fonts others don īt have on their PC

I have been working on a worksheet and wanted to upload it now, when I saw that the font I used doesn īt display correclty. I have read on the forum before that there is a method on how to do in this situation; but I can īt find the topic again. Could somebody help me out and tell me what I must do, please? Thanks a lot for everything!

Hugs
Sara

1 Jan 2010      

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi Sara,

To have your fonts display correctly, you have to embed the true type fonts in your document.  If you go to your toolbar at the top in Word, click on Tools.  Then click on Options.  Another window will open up.  Click on Save.  The "Embed True Type fonts" block must be checked (it must have a tick). Then press OK.  You can also choose to only embed the characters used in your document.  It will change the size of your document slightly, but when you upload your ws, the fonts will display correctly.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Have a blessed 2010.
Joey

1 Jan 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

Ahh Joey, you saved my life! You are awesome! It worked :) Thanks a million!! Learned something new again :) All the best to you too

1 Jan 2010     

Liligirl
Brazil

Hi ,

I īm interested to learn how to do this but I use  word 2007. Could you tell me what should I do ?

thanks 

1 Jan 2010     

SaraMariam
United States

In Word 2007 you have to go to save the file. The window that pops up then has the button "tools" in the left bottom corner. There you go to save options and there you find the embeded fonts like Joey described :) I hope that helped :)

Hugs
Sara

2 Jan 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Just a reminder that you should only use fonts children can read, if you īre making worksheets for younger students. They often have problems reading elaborate fonts and these worksheets are first and foremost for them!
L

2 Jan 2010