Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Intensive TOEFL course:Ideas needed urgently    

Intensive TOEFL course:Ideas needed urgently

Yanki
Turkey

Intensive TOEFL course:Ideas needed urgently

The institution I �m working for is starting a TOEFLIBT course for the very first time. (Lessons start one week later!) It �s like a joke but unfortunately I �m serious. The boss chose ten teachers, said lessons start next week and added that he wants 100% success. All the rest is left to these teachers. Planning, programming...every detail you can think of. There will be 2 groups. One elm, one intermediate. They have a maximum of 8-10 months to prepare. and 5-6 lessons a day. If you work or have worked as TOEFL teacher I �d be grateful for any kind of ideas. Mainly help to set up the course curriculum and programme.Should there be general eng and after the basics should Toefl skills start? Or should TOEFL lessons start from the beginning and should grammar , vocab,skill be built into that? How many hours should be spent on which skill?How many teachers should be dealing with each group(7-8  students)? Should a different teacher be teaching each skill? Any ideas appreciated.

2 Jan 2010