Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Are you happy deleting other person ´s work?    

Are you happy deleting other person ´s work?

zailda
Brazil

Are you happy deleting other person ´s work?

When a worksheet is a copy from a member who is constantly and blatantly breaking the site rules, clearly trying to get unfair points fooling the other members, I have to confess that I am very glad. Sorry for my sin, but it�s not envy or jealousy at all. What makes me happy is not the removal of another person�s worksheet, but the fact that we were able to detect a false contribution and to remove it from the site. What makes me feel happy is to realize that we did a good job and justice was done.

I wish we could also have the cheater banned, so we�d have more time to contribute in other ways and to dedicate more attention to other ws reported as non-ESL related, and we could also reduce the mistakes that we make sometimes (of course I don�t expect a perfect job, since we are not perfect).

So I confess I feel happy when a copy is removed. But it �s not out of envy or personal matters. I�m for the justice.

5 Jan 2010      

JulietaVL
Mexico

5 Jan 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I �ve seen a ws today which is scanned from a book. But in the book it is written that the page is photocopiable. Is it against the rules to upload such wss here?

5 Jan 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Sorry, Sonn, please read the rules!
http://www.eslprintables.com/send_printables/beforesend.htm
Never send copies from other websites or books.
You are only allowed to upload your own creations.

I think it is clear! We may get inspired by a book / friend etc...
But we mustn�t upload a copy or a scan...

Original work only... Written in MS Word and editable
(if possible)...
This is why ESP is so special...
You can find hundreds of EFL sites, but ESP is full of ORIGINALS!

5 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I understand what you mean Zailda but I feel rather sad. Unhappy
Despite of spending time by looking for cheaters and reporting wss, I don �t feel happy about it. I just hate dishonesty and teachers and even thought I should know better I still can �t understand why soooo many people are cheating if they have to expect someone will probably find out.
I just answered a question from yesterday thread and my mood is spoilt. Have to go to work now so I hope my sts make me laugh.
Take care, Michaela

5 Jan 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Photocopiable means that we can use it at class, not that we have the right to use it as our own work!

5 Jan 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Thanks

5 Jan 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

@Moravac they don �t have to be written in MS word! They just have to be .doc! I can �t stand MS word! Every time you try and paste in a picture your text jumps all over the place.. and in the new version it �s impossible to find anything.. thank goodness we don �t have to use MS word! 

5 Jan 2010