Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > PLEASE HELP WITH SOME SUGGESTIONS!!!    

PLEASE HELP WITH SOME SUGGESTIONS!!!

Mar0919
Mexico

PLEASE HELP WITH SOME SUGGESTIONS!!!

HELLO TO ALL!!! WELL, GOOD EVENING RATHER, SINCE IT �S TEN PM HERE IN MEXICO. I KNOW IT �S A LITTLE LATE, AND I �M ALMOST OFF TO BED, BUT HOPEFULLY BY TOMORROW, SOME OF YOU WILL GENEROUSLY AS ALWAYS HELP ME WITH SOME SUGGESTIONS!
WELL, YOU SEE, THIS BIMESTER I WANT TO WORK WITH PLAYS WITH MY TEENAGE STUDENTS. I THINK THIS WILL SPARK UP THEIR INTEREST TO REALLY START SPEAKING, SINCE THIS IS AN ISSUE I �VE BEEN FIGHTING AGAINST. THEY JUST DON �T WANT TO SPEAK!!!! SO INSTEAD OF A WRITTEN TEST TO EVALUATE AND GRADE THEM, I WILL ASK THEM TO ACT AND ROLE PLAY.
BUT...... I WOULD LIKE THEM TO PRACTICE THE GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURES THAT WE �VE BEEN WORKING ON IN CONTEXT IN THIS PLAY. WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IS SIMPLE PAST, PAST CONTINOUS, AND WE �LL START WITH PRESENT PERFECT. SO, SEEING THE ORAL PRODUCTION OF WHAT THEY  HAVE LEARNED, WHILE ACTING WOULD BE FANTASTIC!
THE TIME LIMIT WOULD BE OF APPROXIMATELY 45 MIN.

ANY IDEAS OF SOME SIMPLE PLAYS????

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!!!!!! I �LL CHECK IN WITH YOU GUYS TOMORROW!!!!

BYE!

6 Jan 2010      

puddyd
Oman

Try this site for free play scripts and I guess you could tweak them to suit your grammar aspect.
Good luck

6 Jan 2010     

Gia Mel
Chile

I did something like that, but shorter (10 to 15 minutes...) I took some plays from the site and they had to  adapt them into somehing else (ex... Alice in Wonderland, they turn it into a drug-addict who had a bad trip, and they integrated characters from other stories to give the play more fun) I hope you cam make it...

Smile

6 Jan 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Forget the grammar and let them speak. I would suggest putting them in smaller groups and doing sketches with them.  It �s easier and they, individually, have more lines to speak than in a long play.
Have you considered taking sketches or a play in your own language and having the students translate it into English and then present it or make your own plays or sketches?
That way they are active in the whole process.
Just some ideas.
L

6 Jan 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Libertybelle is right - there are also so many conversation cards here to choose from. It �s just the trick of choosing topics they �re interested in. It �s also fun to play them a video (a clip from a movie/cartoon or any you tube clip you check and choose) without sound and have them fake-synchronise it - my sts did this all by themselves. They don �t say the exact words, but improvise, and they �re allowed to change the topic, but it has to follow the pictures/scenes. It �s hillarious - you can even play them a clip from a soap opera, even sth made in their mother tongue, but if you turn off the volume and have them �play � the characters, it �s great!

6 Jan 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TO EVERYBODY FOR THE GREAT IDEASSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I KNEW I WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE TO ASK FOR HELP!!!!!!! YOU �RE A GREAT BUNCH!!!!!! THANK YOU!

MAR

6 Jan 2010