Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The Kid That No One Wanted    

The Kid That No One Wanted

lamisadel
Turkey

The Kid That No One Wanted

I wanted to share this video with you .
please have a look it will make a change .
the link is here :http://edublogs.tv/play.php?vid=271

6 Jan 2010      

cristinasuma
Spain

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL VIDEO.

I would like to think that I ever was any difference to any of my students,  that I helped them, motivated or understood them as well as they deserved. Unfortunately, althoug I �m working on it  I am not very patient sometimes. I �m only human, I suppose.

Anyway this is a good material for bullying and I am the responsible for these matters at my high school, so I �m thinking I might use it for a couple of intermediate classes.
Thanks again.

6 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

This is a really fantastic video, not so much for what we can see but for what we can hear and read. It should be shown to the audience of teachers to make them think a little...
Thank you, lamisadel! 

6 Jan 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you Lamisadel. Such a beautiful video and so true. It made me cry. Yes, I understand very well the message, since I personally lived it with one of my students these past weeks. She was not exactly how the boy is described, but well liked. Only she was very very depressed. Dangerously I might say, because of a certain boy. She �s one of my favorite students, and I got so worried that I started trying to cheer her up, telling  her there were soooooooooooo many more "handsome" boys at school! and just out of the blue, I mentioned one of my students from another group, she started to talk to him, and now, their hitting it off pretty good! She thanked me yesterday, saying thanks to me, she spent wonderful days during the holidays, that they were the best, and had she still been depressed over her ex-boyfriend, she would have spent the worst holidays of her life. We know teenagers tend to exagerate things, but sometimes we don �t know just how real their exagerations might be to them. I have teenage kids of my own, and I would be very grateful if a teacher they might have is interested enough to dig into what �s behind their behaviour. As coordinator of my school I know I have to work very hard on this issue since we have so many troublesome kids at my school, and I get frustrated so much to learn of all the sad stories of their lives, but I can �t do much for them, mainly because of the time. Because I can only see them when it �s English class, and unfortunately they are not in my groups, so I have no time to spend with them. But I �m thinking up of a strategy to propose to the principal, where I can have at least 2 hours a week to work with the weaker kids, and fortunately I can be able to be closer to them. I might not be able to do much, but at least I can say I tried...
Thanks again for the video. It was a good reminder of the great responsibility we as teachers have in our hands. There is a phrase I like and make as my own, and have posted on the wall at my office: "I TOUCH THE FUTURE... I TEACH."
The future is our students. and we have THEIR LIVES in our hands.  

6 Jan 2010     

TURKISH CYPRIOT
Turkey

It is such a fantastic video which makes us rethink and reconsider about our responsibilities as teachers.

Thanks for sharing it with us.   Heart from Northern Cyprus

6 Jan 2010