Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for a movie starring my students    

looking for a movie starring my students

sorji
Tunisia

looking for a movie starring my students

dear teachers,
First of all I would like to thank you all for the efforts that you make to keep this site moving on.
Today my students suggested that I should bring them a screenplay and they would shoot a 10-minute movie about the concerns and ambitions of baccalaureate students.They want this film to be shot at school and displayed during the educational events that take place in the second term.
Now dear teachers, do you have any suggestions?I would like you to provide me with some short screenplays if you can as a model.
Thanks

8 Jan 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
if I were you, I would ask your students to write the screenplay. find a theme for the movie then divide your class into several groups: 1 group will think about the vocabulary/strutures needed, another will work on the characters (2 or 3 main characters + other characters), a 3rd group can concentrate on the setting, props, a 4th group will work on the scenes (3 or 4 scenes should be fine)

then write all the ideas on the board, and divide your class into small teams: 1 team will work on 1 scene. each member of the team will have a different thing to do: member 1 can work on character 1 (what he will say, facial expressions...), member 2 will concentrate on character 2... member 3 can work on the less important characters who will be involved in the scene, member 4 can work on the setting, the music, the props.

when all the scenes are finished, ask all your students to write the screenplay, correct the mistakes... (you can study a short screenplay to show them how to write one, use theatre screenplays, there are thousands on them on the internet)

i �m sure they will be extremely enthusiastic to know that they will write the screenplay and shoot the movie afterwards!

Elodie

8 Jan 2010