Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Contributing on two different sites    

Contributing on two different sites

_babz
Canada

Dear Roman...

I �m not at all surprised that this is going on.....there are people on this site...who have been reporting even sheets with Disney and Garfield characters...

these sheets have not been copied from these corporate sites.....the members have created worksheets and have used well-known images just add some interest to their sheets...

we have surely hit a new low in the reporting page....I thought this was cleared up a long time ago....but every month, there are new moderators....and they are not aware of past issues./..

anyways....in your case...it �s quite similar...it �s your work...whether it �s saved on another site...or in a USB key...it �s the same

goodluck with that! Thumbs Up

8 Jan 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Babs......do not mis-inform!!! What happened with the Garfield and Walt Disney worksheets was something different. It was, in fact, a fight of elation between strong personalities!!!!The aim was to make a point! 

8 Jan 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

"a fight for elation"? is that what you think that is, dona?

8 Jan 2010     

Zora
Canada

We reported our own work - for a very good reason, one worksheet each - and now we are reporting everybody �s work. No, I don �t think so... you need to inform people a little bit better before making such a comment, no Babz?

8 Jan 2010     

donapeter
Romania

@ brunaduta 
I really think that what has been happening on the Moderators � page is a thing of pride and of showing that everybody is right concerning this topic. Each of us has a point of view and I am so sure we will keep our terms. I am so curious to see who will change his POV after all this story! 

8 Jan 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Do you consider the activists that fight for a cause they believe to be pride enthusiasts? Do you think people like wasting their time while they could be doing other things to themselves in order to defend what they consider is right?

I am trying to prove that people are ruling the reporting page not always according to the rules because there �s no line.

I took the time to try to show others what I think it �s unfair (and LOGICALLY UNFAIR) and that there �s something very sad going on on eslprintables, you may not believe how many people agree on this, they just don �t want to face the high-rollers of the site because they all support each other. And by now it seems like an impenetrable ice-block.

I do not care about people changing their minds... I care about speaking mine.
And all modesty aside now, I would like to say that I speak for others too.

So, please, do not call this "elation" from my part at least. My personality is strong, but that has no matter in this. Only if you consider I do not give up so easily.

thanks, dona!

8 Jan 2010     

donapeter
Romania

1. activist- definition: A person who believes in or particiaptes in direct action to make changes
Your words: I do not care about people changing their minds... I care about speaking mine.

2. I am trying to prove that people are ruling the reporting page not always according to the rules because there �s no line.- There is a line:Victor stated rules. 

PS. I cannot add more about this topic. If there�s a person who makes the rules here....we are not supposed to disagree. Our participation here is a free will. 

8 Jan 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Please dona... I do not DARE saying I want to change people �s minds... they should change them on their own if they feel they must. You made it sound like a bad thing. I would like to see changes yes, but I wasn �t actually comparing myself to an activist, this is one day out of partial vacation... activists dedicate a life to a cause.

Plus, if you could read everything I wrote, I know it �s a looot, but if you had, you would have noticed that Victor stated in a post that we ARE NOT TO DELETE WS JUST BECAUSE OF THE SAME BACKGROUND, BOARDERS and FONTS (words of his). And moderators are voting against that rule for quite a while I think (and others too -- I guess we �re not thaaat crazy, maybe just a little, then). I thought I had shown that.

Wink

thanks again for the attention paid.

8 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Excuse me, I don �t think Roman is interesting in this. He would like to have his ws retieved, that �s why he asked for help.

8 Jan 2010     

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

Well, thank you all for opinions.

Now, can anyone IN CHARGE tell me WHAT EXACTLY to write a WHERE please?

I was told two months ago that what I had written was ok. Then I discovered that it wasn �t ok.

I changed it and wrote more... as it turned out, it wasn �t enough either.

I dont want to go on like that forever, whenever I add a new ws.

I believe that must be a moderator IN CHARGE, who will say: Ok, Roman Svozilek from ESL is the same Svozilek as the one on helpforenglish. He does not steal woskeheets. Leave him alone...

Is that possible?

9 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2