Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Time zones    

Time zones

baiba
Latvia

Time zones

I have thought many times how strange and interesting it is that at a certain moment

=in New Zealand it is already the next morning!

=people in Japan or China are asleep in bed (it is the next night!),

=people in Europe are widely awake because it is dinner and party time.

=people in Brazil and Mexico are having their lunch.

I found a great online time zone map which shows the current time in all the world.
Now we �ll be able to know whom we can meet online and who may be fast asleep.

You can also search for the cities and discover amazing things!

http://www.timezonecheck.com/

8 Jan 2010      

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

That �s a great map! I bookmarked it, it �s amazing aright, I was thinking about it just the other day. It �s always especially strange on new years eve when you �re a year behind half the world!

8 Jan 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

It would be fun to have clocks showing time in different countries here, on ESLprintables.

8 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Totally agree with you baiba, I do too sometimes think of how amazing that is... By the way, if you enter Melbourne in the search box, it will show you two Melbournes, and there is exactly 12 hours difference between them...

8 Jan 2010     

Denisa
Romania

Just two nights ago I was wondering myself about the same things as you tonight...how big, varried and ..wonderful our world is..and then I made a worksheet with different times in different parts of the world(which I have posted here)! using the exactly the same link you gave! Now, as big as it is our world, we are bond through unimaginable wires, don �t you think?
Hugs,
Denisa

8 Jan 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

Not two Melbournes, Lana. FIVE!!! But I never imagine that there is another Athens in the world... In US? FOUR ATHENS???????

8 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Ohhh, Denisa, this is really amazing! We may have had the same thoughts at the same time! Big smile

Lana, write Melbourne in the search box on this TimeZone site and you will see five Melbournes! You can write the name of any city and all of them will appear on this map. Awesome!

Edit: Vardaki, you managed first!

8 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Excellent Baiba! thanks for this site...

btw... 3:50 p.m in MExico

8 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

?? Am I wrong or does it say 8:53 p.m in MExico??

IT is 3:53 p.m...

8 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Julieta, it is 11:56 p.m. in Latvia!

8 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

No, Julieta, it says 3:58 pm in Mexico!

8 Jan 2010     

1    2    3    Next >