Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Before you download...    

Before you download...

veljaca82
Australia

Before you download...

I would like to ask all members, especially new ones, to read the comments before they download the ws. You have to check if the ws is stolen. It �s simply not fair to say THANK YOU or praise thieves in any other way .

Regards

9 Jan 2010      

zailda
Brazil

It�s a sad thing to say but I assume some members don�t really care. I�ve seen a stolen worksheet with 4 or 5 big messages warning people not do download because the ws was stolen, and members kept downloading and saying �thank you�. One of them (copied from Katiana) was at the third place in the number of downloads, with more than 200 points.

It�s sad to see that more than 200 members who downloaded it thought the product of a theft was worthier of downloads than thousands of original worksheets members spent hours preparing to share here.

No wonder fake members keep uploading stolen material, because they are encouraged by hundreds of members who even thank them for the work they know they haven�t done!

9 Jan 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

If you click on a new ws it opens in a new window. The comments are NOT visible on screen unless you scroll down. Maybe there should be a �red flag � next to the description for reported wss. I don �t think most downloads occur despite of �stolen � comments. I think they occur because members don �t scroll down to see the comments and download without being aware of the stolen content, hence my suggestion (I don �t know if it �s technically possible though).

9 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

But why do some people say �Thank you� below the stolen ws warnings? Are they completely blind or do they want to tell us something?

9 Jan 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I just think they scroll down quickly and don �t bother to read the previous comments.That�s why it could be useful to have something to attract attention, like a �red flag�.

9 Jan 2010     

carinita
Argentina

I think Philip �s idea is good

9 Jan 2010     

shusu-euphe
Taiwan

I like philip �s idea too.  There is something that upset me, it is clearly stated STOLEN yet many members continue to  download.  Cry

9 Jan 2010     

falafel
Tunisia

I totally agree with Philip �s point of view. It has happened to me twice. I noticed that it was stolen just after sending my comment because I didn �t scoll down to see others � comments.

9 Jan 2010     

Montypython
France

I also agree with Philip.
I guess people are not blind but directly click on the "add a comment" button.
i usually check when I don �t know the member or when the worksheet is familiar but a red flag would save us so much energy & time!

9 Jan 2010     

Amandina
Switzerland

Philip is right. I �m sure that all of these members didn �t know that they downloaded stolen material. Why would they have written a positive comment if they had known? Why out yourself as somebody who downloads stolen material? That doesn �t make sense. A red flag right next to the worksheet would be great!
Cheers
Amandina

9 Jan 2010     

marta v
Serbia

I also just send a comment every time I download a worksheet and often don �t read other people �s comments. Once I thanked for one that turned out to be stolen and wrote a negative comment after it. I �ll read the comments before I actually download anything from now on. And having a warning would be a great idea!

9 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >