Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New letter from AFS YAYINCILIK    

New letter from AFS YAYINCILIK

AFS YAYINCILIK
Turkey

New letter from AFS YAYINCILIK

Dear ESL Members;

As we stated last week, we are here again to share the latest information about the subject. The aforementioned pages in our Learn English books have been completely replaced and the revised edition of the books will be sent to anyone providing a valid school address and name (we wish to send these books to Viktor if he chooses to supply his contact information). These books will be sent to all points of sales from where all the problematic books are withdrawn. If there are any locations who fails to ship back any Learn English books to us, Viktor�s informers in Turkey can also let us know and we�ll take swift action to remove those books as well.

Again we express our sorrow for this unwilling and unintentional error which at that time wasn�t recognized as a mistake by us because of the following reasons;

1. There were no copyright information on the worksheets which contained images and clipart that were already purchased by us,
  2. The worksheets were printed by many schools in large numbers and distributed,
  3. AFS has designed many worksheets and uploaded them to several sharing sites. These worksheets are online for 2 years and available for free access.

If this error was in fact planned and intentional, we would have used fake names when registering to ESL site. And contrary to what was claimed by some ESL members, all the names listed as authors and artists are real persons.

We will be more than happy to introduce these people �except one who passed away- to ESL members who happen to visit our Istanbul office.

When our error was first realized by some Turkish colleagues, we wish they would also inform us about the situation. However, after finding out the discussions on the ESL forum, we got in touch with Katiana and Victor by sending private messages and asked for their contact information to discuss the solution alternatives. But rather than replying our messages, they decided on starting this insult and boycott campaign. With open communication this issue would be resolved peacefully and much earlier. But we understand that there�s a different purpose.

We believe that today this whole issue is being escalated by some elements involved with the fierce competition in the Turkish market. AFS is a %100 Turkish owned company. One of our latest innovations was to turn the Learn English book covers into an active learning instrument. With this innovation, students can use a rotating wheel embedded inside the book cover to exercise on key topics and vocabulary. Converting the otherwise passive book covers into an active learning tool is first applied and patented by AFS.

With the help of many similar innovations, schools in Turkey started to prefer our products against the foreign producers whose products are often 5 to 6 times more expensive. Right after, with perfect timing, this issue is brought to the ESL forum. We are already aware of some parties who from time to time resort to unjust and unethical measures to make up their deficiencies in innovation, quality or price.

25 years since its inception, AFS always respected the laws and rights. We are cordially inviting all the members and teachers who happen to visit Istanbul to our office. We believe that after knowing us you�ll understand why we are in business for 25 years, and why we will be for the next 25 years.

Best regards,

AFS YAYINCILIK

9 Jan 2010      

alkwassir
Yemen

Thank you AFS for the action you have taken to fix the mistake , which I believe was un intentional.

Here I think that this compaign has to come to an end under the golden rule no harm to either party

9 Jan 2010     

donapeter
Romania

it �s so funny....after such a long time , they realized they made a mistake.  They tried to solve it by their rules, but I think it didn �t work! 

9 Jan 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

I �m going to Istanbul in Febuary, I might just take you up on that.

Would you please apologize for accusing Victor of changing the copyright on the site after the fact? When we all know that when we registered it was clearly stated we could not use the worksheets for commercial gain. (Distributing in class is not commercial gain, we did not sell them to our students and it �s safe to say we did not claim them as our own work, it was clear that the worksheets could not be used outside of our classrooms).
It seems you have been dishonest and you made posts here and threatened members of this site who were only trying to protect their property and rights.
I think this was a half apology, as I have not been hurt by this incident as other people have it is not my place to accept it or not, I �m not sure if anyone will.
 Even though it was quite probably a cynical move originally, I think most could accept an apology if you would just show your human side and honestly apologize for everything; the veiled insults, threats, and what we can only view as deceit which you have piled on top of the original offence.

You also used this opportunity to advertise your products and their wonderful moving covers, which was quite crass.

9 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Excuse me,
could you, please, provide some links to the sites you are publishing the huge amount of your wss? I �d really happy to see them and I believe other members here too.

BTW, I don �t believe a single  word from your "apology".

9 Jan 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Re-read your original correspondence to us!

9 Jan 2010     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

Why this "PERSON" is inside this group yet?Cry he should be banned from this web site. Lies and more lies...he insults our intelligence. All he wants is to advertise and sell his products and the worse he is here getting all attention from all the HONEST teachers in this web site.. he is not apologizing about anything, he is insulting all of us again..and he is not paying any money back to Katiana or the others who where offended and suffered plagiarism, so why he is here yet?Thumbs Down The CAMPAIGN AGAINST HIM AND HIS DISHONEST COMPANY MUST GO ON! Something must be done to stop him! thanks for listening.

10 Jan 2010     

tareq
Egypt

I agree completely with susanbrown �s words in addition to assentuating on the pursue in court as he may have appologized a little bit but still got all the money and profit and if forgiven????? He would get out with it. So, in the future , others would do the same. PLEASE<DON"Y FORGIVE " and go on making him a scandal and a legal case.

10 Jan 2010     

johanne23232
Israel

How very sad, that  AFS YAYINCILIK begins a letter with what would appear to be a �sort of � apology and taking responsibility for their actions (which I think is a noble thing to do, admitting mistakes and apologizing) , they then decide to add more insinuations and denials. Instead of being able to write a reply to them saying "good for you for taking responsibility and apologizing" one is left with a feeling that the dishonesty continues.

It �s  what we try to instill in our students - honesty and admission and not putting the blame on someone else.  Too bad they haven �t learned those basic things yet.

10 Jan 2010     

Montypython
France

the cheek of it (the message) just makes me sick......

How dishonest can you get???????????

????

10 Jan 2010