Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT BRINGS LITTLE PLEASURES IN YOUR LIFE?    

WHAT BRINGS LITTLE PLEASURES IN YOUR LIFE?

izulia
China

WHAT BRINGS LITTLE PLEASURES IN YOUR LIFE?

Take a look at this survey. I though it was great and wanted to share with you, guys. It comes with a great ESL lesson plan.

BTW any ideas about what makes YOU happy as a teacher? I would say:

1) enormous satisfaction when the lesson goes really well
2) when students joke with me (even with broken English)
3) when I find some really useful worksheet on this site! And then another one! :)
4) when I know I helped another colleague teacher with a useful idea
5) when I know I �m very well prepared for my lesson
6) Friday night
7) holidays

Any other contributions? ....

10 Jan 2010      

izulia
China

Sorry, forgot to post the link:

10 Jan 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

Very useful. Thank you izulia.We actually do most  of the pre-reading and after reading activities with our sts. 

10 Jan 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

When Friday comes!

Hee hee I also like the things on your list, and I love when a class of 13 year olds that were really shy and nervous at the start of the year are joking and laughing and talking and enjoying themselves and not afraid of me any more, it �s probably why I enjoy teaching this age group the most.

10 Jan 2010     

baiba
Latvia

I loooove Fridays!

And when a student who is "bad" in all the other subjects suddenly starts learning English and gets better and better marks, and other teachers say "How do you make it?"

10 Jan 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Fridays!!!!!!!!!

10 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Obviously, the biggest reward is indeed too see the progress, to see how they say, write and understand what they couldn �t before...

How they come to school after a day �s work (still), or come in the morning in the cold weather and don �t complain...

When we share jokes with other teachers and seeing how everyone �s class is well and happy...

10 Jan 2010     

petranka
Lithuania

Thanks for the link:... greatest pleasures..., izulia!

What makes me happy as a teacher?

I should add:

9) when students ask
   10) when I see interest in their eyes
   11) when I catch a student standing in front of the shelves full of English fiction and he or she says: Can I borrow... ?
   12) when I open the door of my classroom in the morning... and when I close it in the afternoon 
   13) when results of their tests exceed my expectations
   14) and when they, once in a blue moon, say : "Thank you."

It �s a great idea to share pleasures, as even teachers have some!

10 Jan 2010     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Many thanks izulia for this topic. We really need to share our feeling and pride in being teachers. You, Lana. and petranka have listed most of what I can think of. The most pleasure comes from:

* enormous satisfaction when the lesson goes really well *

10 Jan 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Teaching adults is quite an unusual form of teaching because you kinow they can vote with their feet at any time. They can and will talk about anything else but the subject on hand.
They can and do express their disapproval towards anything they consider not helpful in their learning journey.

Therefore I get the greatest satisfaction when I see students working and laughing and fully engrossed with the task on hand  and not needing me at all. Then I know I have done my job well.

I also love it when they later use vocabulary and expressions we have learnt in earlier lessons.
Cheers Joy 

10 Jan 2010     

chalco
France

Of course I have satisfaction when the lesson goes really well but what makes me most happy is when the bell rings and the kids are surprised the time is over ... or when they beg for more English lessons.

10 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >