Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to make useful things from broken glass?    

How to make useful things from broken glass?

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

How to make useful things from broken glass?

hello everybody

there is a compition about  creating things from garbage glasses

can you please give me some uniqe idea

something not repeatitive

the thing  which we will make must have an educational goal

it must be somthing students can learn from it

thanks in advanced

10 Jan 2010      

priorita
Ukraine

hello, glamorous!

I am not sure my idea is unique but you could make various animals (birds, insects - butterflies must be beautiful) from glass pieces or decorate glasses, plates, cups, frames for photos or pictures (it will be more interesting if the pieces are of different colours). good luck and be careful, do not hurt youselves.  

10 Jan 2010     

izulia
China

How about making an outline of the 7 continents or a world map? You could use blueish and green pieces of glass for that. That �ll have an educational goal!

Another idea - you could show the butterfly life cycle: catterpilar on a leaf, larva, butterfly...

I agree with priorita: be careful and do not hurt yourself!

Good luck :)

10 Jan 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

What about some frames for photos and have a final family tree. That way any colour would be suitable?
Good luck and, just an idea, what about uploading some photos of the final result. I  would like to see them and I �m sure we all would.
Hugs
linda

10 Jan 2010     

izulia
China

Another idea: make pictures of different weather. Have some clouds out of card and add glass rain drops, snowflakes, sunshine, wind, etc.
Yes, I agree with olindalima (F), I would love to see the photos of the work you �ll produce in the end! Maybe let us know in private message in case we miss your post on the board.
Good luck again
Bed time in China :))

10 Jan 2010     

priorita
Ukraine

friends, your ideas are great - the world map is really cool! glamorous, you could also make fruit and vegetables. I think, grapes, pineapple may look marvelous. or a tree in blossom or with fruits on it...

10 Jan 2010     

puddyd
Oman

If you go on google images and just type in - �crafts made from recycled glass � you �ll be amazed at how much can be made from recycled glass.
I also found and article about making candles from old, used filtered oil and glass jars here : http://springwise.com/style_design/filt/

Good Luck ;o)

10 Jan 2010