Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help me please to translate the following sentences    

help me please to translate the following sentences

kons
Morocco

help me please to translate the following sentences

Hi everybody,
can you please help me to translate the following sentences into French:
1. Climate variability coupled with population pressure have resulted in extensive degradation of the enviroment.
2. No matter who we are, where we are and what we do, we are all dependent on water. We need it every day, in so many ways. We need it to stay healthy; we need it for growing food, for transportation, irrigation and industry.
3. What seem absurd is that a single jumbo jet crash makes the world �s headlines. However, each day the death roll from drinking dirty water is equivalent to 20 jet crashes.
4. The victimes are dying from easily preventable water-borne. 2.4 billion people have no access to safe sanitation. Six thousand children will be killed today by diseases, which are easily preventable.
Thanks in advance and I highly appreciate your help.

11 Jan 2010      

sorji
Tunisia

I �m sorry Mr Kons, but you forgot the main aim of this website.It is purely for exchanging teaching ideas and worksheets.Translation has nothing to do with that.Look elswhere, please and let our teachers think of what we could do in our English classes rather than busying them your pointless request.
That �s the truth, I �m sorry.

11 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Ahem...

sorji, perhaps you shouldn �t be so categoric?..Smile

It looks like Kons has uploaded a few worksheets, and I remember this user �s activity on the forum.

And oh - I will stand by translation as a useful teaching tool any time.

I quite agree that this is a website for exchange in English, but maybe Kons is making a bilingual worksheet for his students that he knows will benefit them? And he is just asking for help from some French members?

Kons, I think you should specify why you need the translation.

(Honestly, even weirder requests have been posted and received help from members...LOL)

11 Jan 2010     

sorji
Tunisia

Yeah, Lana you �re absolutely right.But I think we are here to help each other in what matters to our English classes.Kons is Moroccan, and he would by no means need French for his English classes.Let �s say it �s for something else.Anyway, I �m sorry if I got it wrong:(

11 Jan 2010     

kons
Morocco

Hi,
 I do know what this website is made for. I �ve seen many members asking for help in translating words or sentences from different languages into English. As for me,  translating sentences from English to French is part of my English class in a preparatory school of engineers. So I don �t  think I have made  a request beyond the scope of this site. Above all, help in this case will not bother French native speakers.

11 Jan 2010     

kons
Morocco

maybe I have answered your questions before even reading your replies.
Thanks for your understanding.

11 Jan 2010     

sorji
Tunisia

I wasn �t going to reply.This time it �s you who got it wong:):)

11 Jan 2010     

kons
Morocco

sorry but I didn �t get your point sorji.

11 Jan 2010     

isabelle99
Monaco

Check your PM. I �m glad I can help a colleague.

11 Jan 2010     

sorji
Tunisia

Would you please translate this  to meinto English?: "test normalise"
thanks

11 Jan 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Check your^pm!

11 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >