Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PLEASE SEND ME YOUR IDEAS    

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR IDEAS

lizzysil
Peru

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR IDEAS

PLEASE MY DEAR FRIENDS I NEED YOUR HELP ONCE AGAIN
I HAVE TO PRESENT A CLASS FOR 1ST YEAR, SECONDARY THEY DON �T KNOW MUCH ENGLISH, THE TOPIC IS SIMPLE PAST, WHAT CAN YOU RECOMMEND ME???
PLEASE I WROTE IT FOR THE SECOND TIME TO READ YOUR IDEAS
WHAT CAN I ADD TO MY LEDDON PLAN TO PRESENT THE COORDINATOR
I �M LOOKING FOR A JOB AND THIS IS MY OPPORTUNITY, ALSO I WANT TO GIVE THE BEST SO THE SS BE SURPRISED AND THEY REALLY ENJOY THE CLASS.
THANKS A LOT

13 Jan 2010      

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Ask the school what IT is available.

If it was my lesson, I would introduce the topic verbally to warm up the class. Lot �s of smiles and how are you? Even a handshake or two.

Ask "what did you do yesterday?"

Then play this song:

Elicit the required vocabualry from students and do one of the magnificent simple past worksheets here. Make sure you go around the class and help students individually with this.

Here is a simple past chain game you can play to finish:

Get a student to start with what did they do on saturday

e.g. "On saturday I played basketball". Then the next student adds one more to the list:
e.g. "On Saturday I played basketball and went to the library" and so on

the list gets longer and longer until one student forgets.

P.S. A table on the board may be useful to give students something to refer to e.g.

Today  *  Yesterday
do        *      did
go        *      went

13 Jan 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Do you know that you posted twice the same topic on the forum? I understand that it �s urgent for you to get an answer but your first thread was still on the main page.

13 Jan 2010     

solomx
Azerbaijan Republic

You can start the lessen with a song �Yesterday � from Beatels. and then explain the structure of past tense and then explain when and where they use that structure
make contolled practıce with your students and then let them write  their own sentences. You can give them prompt words like a verb and a past time expression. good luck!

13 Jan 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

13 Jan 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Dear Aftab57,
TA for yr ref, very useful for me at the moment

13 Jan 2010