Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help on news scipt    

Help on news scipt

wolfy
Chile

Help on news scipt

Can anybody help me out deciphering what this man syas:

Here �s the link:

What does the man say at 01:47

I always warn people ... ??? ... are you ready for it?

13 Jan 2010      

eng789
Israel

I listened to it 3 times and I still can �t  make it out.  It sounds like gibberish.  I �m surprised the other guy actually answered him.

Sorry, 

13 Jan 2010     

kaz76
United Kingdom

He said:

"I always warn people, I worked with someone yesterday, that you are about to sign a Faustian Pact. Are you ready for it?"

The only bit that wasn �t clear was the part right after he said " I always warn people" because he spoke so fast there and I have a baby gurgling away in my ear but I listened a couple of times and think it was "I worked with someone yesterday"

Hope that helps.

Karen

13 Jan 2010     

wolfy
Chile

Thx Karen.  

After hearing "I �ve got an ice cream pack for it", "You �re about to get your house packed".   But reading your version sounds much better.  My students will never get that part of it.  But it still interesting to see their reaction.  In these situations I come clean at the end and tell them that I couldn �t get it either.

13 Jan 2010