Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > URGENT! UPPER-INTERMEDIATE HIGHLY HETEROGENEOUS CLASS!    

URGENT! UPPER-INTERMEDIATE HIGHLY HETEROGENEOUS CLASS!

coasvaf
Portugal

URGENT! UPPER-INTERMEDIATE HIGHLY HETEROGENEOUS CLASS!

Dear colleagues, I�m just becoming very stressed. Till now I couldn�t manage well with one of my 10th grade classes. They are so different in terms of background, previous English knowledge, attitudes and interests. I�m starting working on a multi/differentiated tasks/approaches basis and I would appreciate your opinions, help and suggestions. It �s rather demanding and I�m feeling a bit lost. 
Thanks in advance.

13 Jan 2010      

monicaviseu
Portugal

Hi! I have the same problem....
Some help would be very appreciated....
Thanks in advance

13 Jan 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You �ll find some more strategies to try - here.

Timesavers Differentiation and learners resource booklet

http://www.mediafire.com/?mflfmenrymq    

13 Jan 2010     

jolapham
Vietnam

Hi! I am actually a student, and English is not my first language, but I have been teaching English for some time now (mostly to children though). I have also much experience with diversity since I have been raised in 2 different cultures: Asian and European. Moreover, just a few months ago, I was myself a high school student. I thought that maybe I would be able to help you someway. Perhaps with understanding how those youngsters think? Just tell me some details about the class, etc. Do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards! :)

13 Jan 2010     

coasvaf
Portugal

Thank you so much for your concern. Most valuable dear aftab57. I�ll get in touch jolapham.
Nice work Smile 

13 Jan 2010