Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > English???    

English???

eng789
Israel

English???

I wonder who taught English to the person who wrote this:

17 Jan 2010      

Mariethe House
France

Internet translator?Wink  I recommend you don �t use that peeler!! looks quite dangerous!!LOL

17 Jan 2010     

eng789
Israel

Actually it �s great. 

It �s a julienne peeler, for shredding thin strips of vegetables.

I�m not sure that a translator would make those kinds of spelling mistakes. 

17 Jan 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Shalom, Barbara,

Looks like an online language translation service...type in a text in your language and press �translate � and voala! the best translation ever is ready

EDIT:  Mariethe, we were thinking the same thing :)

EDIT: if not online translation service then, maybe, the translator was drunk...

17 Jan 2010     

eng789
Israel

I agree with the drunk part.  What I don �t understand how companies don �t hire people to do these things properly.   It wasn �t made in Israel - it �s an import, so you �d think they �d care that people could read it.

I drives me crazy when I see signs here in English with mistakes.  There used to be a big sign at one of the beaches here that said,   WELCOME TO THE BITCH. 

17 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

"Welcome to the bitch" ??? Oh noooo, hahahahahaha LOL

17 Jan 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

If you enjoy this kind of thing I warmly recommend "engrish.com". It is an absolutely hilarious site. It started with real "English" signs found in Japan but by now it expanded to other parts of the world. It is divioded into all kinds of categories such as food packaging, public signs, comercials, you name it. No matter how depressed I may be, I have tears rolling down my eyes with laughter after a few minutes on that site!!
Please note it is �engrish � with an �r � (I once looked for it in vain spelled correctly...)

17 Jan 2010     

eng789
Israel

I love -  engrish.com,  thanks for reminding me about it.

17 Jan 2010     

yanogator
United States

In case you don �t understand the title of engrish.com, it is because the Japanese traditionally have trouble distinguishing between "l" and "r" when speaking English.

There is a new post every day there, so you can visit it for a daily laugh.

Bruce

18 Jan 2010