Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Coursebook for elementary students/beginners    

Coursebook for elementary students/beginners

isaserra
Portugal

Coursebook for elementary students/beginners

Hello,

Next Tuesday, I will start working with a class of 4 or 5 adult students...They are beginners and it is the first time I will be teaching adults, so I need some suggestions!
First, I don �t know where to start, so I would like to have some suggestions about what to do on the first class...
Second, I can use a coursebook, so could someone recommend me a good course to this level...
Thanks in advance,
Isabel

17 Jan 2010      

arlissa
United States

I like the "Side by Side" book series. They focus on everyday English speaking, reading, and grammar.

17 Jan 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello,
I like New Headway Beginner by Oxford. I have used it with adults and it has proved to be a good course even with students who come to class and can �t read in English or write or even say "hello, how are you?".

17 Jan 2010     

Nannini
Portugal

Hello...:)

I also taught adults in the previous year, I used FACE2FACE - elementary and I loved it!

Have a look:

I always follow the book because it was really good in my opinion. I started with:

- Greeting and Farewells;
- The alphabet (they listened to a CD and then repeated the words);
- Personal information (name, age, nationality, country....) then you can focus on other countries and nationalities.

Bye:)

17 Jan 2010     

Missfrancisca
Spain

My favourite is the New English File, I think that the Paul Seligson is really at designing activities. There is a beginner publication available.It is useful for students with no level of English.Hope it helps you.

17 Jan 2010     

Missfrancisca
Spain

My favourite is the New English File, I think that Paul Seligson is really good at designing activities. There is a beginner publication available this year.It is useful for students with no level of English. Hope it helps you. Now without mistakes.

17 Jan 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I agree. I �m a big fan of New English File. Have a nice time teaching adults. It �s a real pleasure, u �ll see.

18 Jan 2010     

scampi
Spain

I like total english by Longman as they do many different levels so you can get exactly what the student needs.  I also use Inside Out by Macmillan but in my opinion it isn �t as good as longman.

18 Jan 2010