Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Traditional drinks & beverages    

Traditional drinks & beverages

serene
Greece

In Greece a traditional drink is ouzo, an anise-flavoured spirit which can be consumed neat or mixed with water.
Another traditional drink is tsipouro which is a strong distilled spirit containing approximately 45 percent alcohol by volume and is produced from what is left of grapes after the wine making process. On my island Crete it is known as tsikoudia or raki.

18 Jan 2010     

sea camel
Belgium

Belgium fries!!! by you.Belgium Beer! by you.Mussels are in season now! by you.IMG_0879 by you.  The Belgian traditional food is fries with lots of mayonnaise. We like to eat it with mussels or stewed meat.
Our traditional drink is beer. We �ve got lots of brands, alcohol percentages and tastes.
And maybe you �ve already heard about our delicious Belgian chocolates? 

Hugs

Kristien

18 Jan 2010     

Moragete
Spain

Hello!

In spain some traditional foods are paella (with chicken, rabbit, rice, green beans, or with seafood at coastal places), patatas bravas (diced potatoes fried with spicy paprika/tomato sauce and mayo or garlic mayo), turr�n (nougat many different types some with chocolate eaten at christmas), and traditional drinks, sangria, cava (champagne), a lot of coffee i.e. bombon half a small cup of black coffee and the other of condensed milk.

Hope this helps

julie

18 Jan 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Guys, you got me inspired to cook something nice today. Sonn said very well about foods we eat in Russia. Hope the class will go great. But in my experience if you have  a  class about food, you have to bring some snacks, cause everyone will get pretty hungry watching those pics and talking about it))))

18 Jan 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

In Brazil we have caipirinha. Have a look.

18 Jan 2010     

douglas
United States

In Germany:  --"Kinder Bier" or "Malz Bier"  a sweet alcohol free malt beverage
                      --"Gl�hwein" a wam, spiced wine often served with a shot of rum or amaretto
                      --"Selter" or "Sprudel" carbonated water
                      --Beer!

In Italy:   --"Schiopinno" I don �t know the proper spelling it �s an alcoholic drink/dessert made with sherbet ice cream.

In Spain:    --"Churros con Chocolate" (not sure on spelling) fried dough sticks that are dipped in thick hot chocolate

Douglas

18 Jan 2010     

denfer
Czech Republic

In the Czech Republic beer is VERY popular. We usually order a pint and our beer has a high foam cap. Unfortunately, the side effect of this beverage is that the men often have a beer belly :-)
Denisa

18 Jan 2010     

Zora
Canada

There is a very typical beverage made in Galicia, a region of Spain, that is called "queimada". It �s usually drunk as part of a celebration of some type.

The "queimada" is normally made with a type of "aquavit" called aguardiente, pieces of fruit like apple, oranges, etc, some sugar and sometimes even, coffee beans. The queimada is then warmed up over a fire, in a clay pot, and when the sugar is melted, the liquid is set on fire to burn off some of the excess alcohol since most times the "aguavit" (or augardiente  here) is homemade and very strong.

I am not a fan of this drink but since you were in need of different traditional drinks, I thought I �d mention this one. :)

18 Jan 2010     

maikacaceres
Spain

The most famous drink among tourists in summer here, in Spain, is called "sangr�a". (Fruit, red wine, rum, lemonade, ice cubes). If you have a look at this page you even have a video in English:
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/drinks/sangria/main.aspx
you also have other recipies for drinks.

18 Jan 2010     

giovannademartin
Brazil

... "Caipirinha" and "Feijoada" are the most famous... but Brazil is a big country and every State has different typical food and drink: Vatap�, acaraj�, tutu, chimarr�o, cuzcuz... here in "Espirito Santo" (the State where I live) the typical dishes are "Moqueca Capixaba"  and "Torta Capixaba".

18 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >