Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > People teaching in the UK    

People teaching in the UK

cheezels
New Zealand

People teaching in the UK

If you are teaching in the UK in a primary school can you contact me as soon as possible?
I used to teach in the UK and am now in Sweden. I have found myself in the position where I am about to teach English to kids who are either English or have lived in an English speaking country for many years.
I would like to access some resources but am unsure about how to go about it. When I moved here I gave away 8 years of books and teaching material. (I couldn´t afford the freight) and Yes I am aware that that was STUPID!!!!!ConfusedPLEASE PM ME!!!!!

18 Jan 2010      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Are these any good?

18 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

Thank you, it �s a help.... I am looking for publications that are specifically published for the literacy hour in the UK in primary schools. The type of thing that schools buy in and use throughout the school... the books I want to order seem to be finished as a new English curriculum is coming in... and I want something like a pupil book for each year group (2-6) The book series Focus on Literacy was great and I used it in many schools... now I can only find from the publisher a couple of levels...hmmmmm

EDIT: so the problem is I don�t have access to all the brochures and things that get sent to schools advertising products so because I cant use my first choice... I am struggling to find what I am looking for....

18 Jan 2010     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hi Cheezels

try  in englishtips.org
or in scribd,

there are a ot of books there....

Regards
Sabrina

18 Jan 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Just a few more links - may be worth a browse.

19 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

Thanks! I have managed though internet book sites (I have been searching for HOURS) I finally have now purchased Focus on Literacy pupil books 3,4,5 and am still looking around for 2 and 6.  So in the next week or so they will be in my hot little hands!!! The main seller on Amazon who has them all, when I went to buy them it would not let me buy them outside of the UK!!!! BAH!!!! so it has been incredibly frustrating! I can �t believe the actual publisher does not have the full range either.

Gosh I miss all the flashy catalogues and brochures that I used to get at school in the UK!!!!

19 Jan 2010