Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Starting from scratch    

Starting from scratch

fsams
Maldives

Starting from scratch

Hey dear lovely and helpful buddies....I need your ideas and experience!!!!

Our club has planned to start a basic English language course with the title �First Step English � for parents who need to start everything from scratch...

I need your ideas and experience......Give me some ideas to start off with and what techniques could be helpful???

If you have ever taught to a similar group (elders), I would really value your views...

Thanx a bunch

Fsams

19 Jan 2010      

holbian
Canada

If they are really at a starter level have you thought of just starting with the basics like phonics. With that you should be able to start building some vocabulary and to be able to start some basic sentence structures. I haven �t worked with that level for a while and I am not sure at exactly what basic level they are but any start will give you ideas of where to go. Another point to remember is if all of the parents are at the same level.

19 Jan 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Why don �t you just follow a coursbook for adult beginners. They show you the first step. Then you can complete with your own worksheets and games ( adults like games too.) As a coursbook I like Headway Elementary third Edition.

19 Jan 2010